Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates – 31st March 2020 Daily Current Affairs
1. PMO sets up high-level panels to deal with situation post lockdown
– The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) constituted 10 different high-level committees to suggest measures to ramp up healthcare, economy, reduce pain and misery of people post 21-day lockdown imposed to contain the coronavirus pandemic. These committees looking after various aspects will work under the overall guidance of P K Mishra, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister.
– Each group will have about 6 members with one officer from the PMO and Cabinet Secretariat, so that there is full coordination and suggestions accepted are implemented without any delay. Each group has been given an upper time limit of a week to come out with measures on the specified sector.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
2. BP Kanungo reappointed as RBI’s deputy governor
– BP Kanungo is reappointed as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. His reappointment came after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet approved Kanungo’s term extension for a period of one year with effect from March 27. Kanungo’s tenure was to end on April 3.
– Kanungo was the executive director of RBI before he took charge as the deputy governor back in April 2017. He oversees departments like currency management, payments and settlement, foreign exchange, internal debt management.
– The RBI can have a maximum of four deputy governors.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, which controls the issue and supply of the Indian rupee. RBI is the regulator of entire Banking in India.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das; Headquarters: Mumbai
3. German state finance minister commits suicide after ‘virus crisis worries’
– Thomas Schaefer, the Finance Minister of Germany’s Hesse state, had committed suicide.
– He was reportedly concerned over the coronavirus pandemic, and how to deal with the economic fallout from the crisis.
– Hesse is the German state which is home to Frankfurt, considered to be the financial capital of Germany.
– Schafer belonged to Angela Merkel’s centre-right Christian Democrats (CDU).
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Chancellor of Germany: Angela Merkel; Germany Capital: Berlin
4. Govt extends crop loan interest benefits to farmers till May 31
– In the wake of national lockdown due to Covid-19, the Government has extended the benefit of two per cent Interest Subvention to Banks and three per cent Prompt Repayment Incentive to all farmers upto 31st of May this year.
-The interest subsidy has been extended to all crop loans upto 3 lakh rupees given by banks which have become due or are becoming due between 1st of this month to 31st May, 2020.
– Ministry of Agriculture said that due to restrictions imposed on movement of people, many farmers are not able to travel to bank branches for payment of their short term crop loan dues. It also said, due to restrictions on movement of people and difficulty in timely sale and receipt of payment of their produce, farmers may be facing difficulties in repayment of their short term crop loans falling due during this period.
5. North Macedonia becomes NATO’s 30th member
– North Macedonia officially became the 30th member of the NATO military alliance.
– North Macedonia’s flag will be raised alongside those of the other 29 member countries at NATO headquarters in Brussels.
– North Macedonia previously was known as Macedonia, a name it shared with a Greek province.
– This membership comes after North Macedonia’s 2017 deal with Athens, the country changed its name and Greece agreed to drop objections to its NATO and eventual EU membership.
6. Rajasthan statehood day: 30 March
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted Rajasthan on the state day and wished the progress of the people will continue. Rajasthan, the largest Indian state by area, was established on this day in 1949.
– The state was formed on 30 March, when Rajputana, the name adopted by the British Raj for its dependencies in the region, was merged into the Dominion of India.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
Capital: Jaipur; Number of District: 33; Governor: Kalraj Mishra; Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot; Members of the Legislative Assembly: 200; Lok Sabha Seats: 25; Rajya Sabha Seats: 10
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 25th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 24th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.