Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 4 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. India to host SCO Council Summit of heads of government on November 30
- India will be hosting summit of the council of heads of government of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) on November 30.
- The focus of the summit will be on the contribution to trade and the economic agenda of the influential grouping.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an eight-nation regional grouping that represents around 42% of the world’s population and 20% of the global Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- India was an observer at SCO since 2005 and became its full member in 2017. Ever since the country has been pushing for connectivity projects to gain access to resource-rich central Asian countries.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
The SCO currently comprises eight Member States (China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan), four Observer States interested in acceding to full membership (Afghanistan, Belarus, Iran, and Mongolia).
2. ACC approves appointment of VK Yadav as Railway Board’s first ever Chairman and CEO
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of the current chairman of the Railway Board VK Yadav as the CEO. He will become the first to hold such a post in the railway’s history.
- The chairman and CEO will be the cadre controlling officer responsible for human resources (HR) with assistance from a DG (HR).
- The Cabinet had earlier approved the restructuring of the Railway Board, whose strength has been cut from eight to five. The Indian Railway Medical Service (IRMS) will be renamed the Indian Railway Health Service (IRHS).
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
The process to merge eight railway-related wings into a single central service called the Indian Railway Management Service (IRMS) is underway.
3. Madhya Pradesh govt launches campaign ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’
- The Madhya Pradesh government launched a massive campaign ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo.
- The campaign was divided into five themes- Cleanliness Oath, Continuous reduction in urban waste emissions, Cleanliness in COVID conditions, Separation of waste from sources of houses and Launching a special cleanliness campaign for public places.
- Around 35 lakh citizens took part in the campaign in 378 urban bodies in Madhya Pradesh.
- More than 7 lakh citizens took the oath of maintaining cleanliness during the campaign. While, 8 lakh 70 thousand people were approached to make compost from wet waste.
- 4 lakh 65 thousand masks were distributed with the help of citizens under the mask awareness campaign.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
MP Capital: Bhopal; Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
4. J&K Government sets up 10-member Biodiversity Council
- The Jammu and Kashmir government set up a 10-member biodiversity council to document the biodiversity of the union territory.
- The council will maintain a Peoples Biodiversity Register (PBR) with the help of representatives from local governance bodies.
- The biodiversity council will function in consultation with National Biodiversity Authority, as per an order issued by General Administration Department (GAD).
- The process to maintain a Peoples Biodiversity Register will be initiated in every Panchayat and municipal committee.
5. National Nutrition Week 2020; 1-7 September
- National Nutrition Week is observed every year from 1st September to 7th September since 1982.
- It can be considered a significant period to raise awareness on the therapeutic effects of foods.
- The day promotes awareness about proper nutrition in a diet.
- The events of NNW are organised by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD), Government of India to educate the importance and role of nutrition in the human body.
6. India, Russia finalise deal to manufacture AK-47 203 Rifles
- India and Russia finalised a deal to manufacture AK-47 203 rifles in India. The deal was finalised during the ongoing visit of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to Russia.
- The AK-47 203 Rifle is the latest and advanced version of AK-47 rifle. This new advanced rifle will be replacing the assault rifle named Indian Small Arms System (INSAS) 5.56×45 mm.
- Currently, Indian Army needs around 770,000 AK-47 203 rifles. Of these total requirements, 100,000 rifles will be imported by India and the rest will be manufactured in the country itself.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The AK-47 203 Rifle of 7.62×39 mm will be manufactured at Uttar Pradesh’s Korwa Ordnance Factory that was inaugurated by PM Modi in 2019.