Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 6 August 2020 : Today Gk Updates
1. IISc develops first-of-its-kind mobile RT-PCR lab
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has developed MITR (Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting) Lab for RT-PCR tests. The first-of-its-kind mobile COVID-19 lab was launched by the Karnataka Education Minister Dr. K Sudhakar.
- The latest mobile RT-PCR lab developed by IISc Bengaluru is the country’s only ICMR approved lab which is capable of conducting 9000 RT-PCR tests per month.
- The lab will be able to give 100% accurate results within the four hours of the test.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
Apart from COVID-19 tests, the lab can also be utilized for testing HCV, TB, H1N1, HIV, HPV, etc.
2. President appoints Manoj Sinha as new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir
- The President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Manoj Sinha as the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The President accepted the resignation of Girish Chandra Murmu as Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir. Mr Murmu, a 1985 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer was appointed as the LG in October last year.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has congratulated Manoj Sinha for being appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. Security of KBR Airport in Leh handed over to CISF
- As part of increasing the security at hyper sensitive KBR Airport in Leh, the responsibility was handed over to Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- In a symbolic ceremony, Ladakh police Inspector General SD Khandare handed over the security key of Leh Airport to CISF in the presence of Advisor to Ladakh LG, Mr Umang Narula and DG CISF Mr Rajesh Ranjan.
- Leh airport is 64th in the row to get CISF cover for security out of 140 operational airports in the country.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
The Central Industrial Security Force is a Central Armed Police Force in India set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969.
Headquarters: New Delhi
4. 17 crore man days employment provided under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan so far
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan has provided employment to migrant workers who have returned to their native villages of six states. These states are Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- By the sixth week itself, a total of about 17 crore man days employment has been generated and 13,240 crore rupees has been paid to the migrant labourers.
- The Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan was launched to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for migrant workers returning to villages and similarly affected citizens in rural areas, in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak.
5. Ajay Tyagi gets 18 months extension as SEBI chairman
- Ajay Tyagi has been given an 18 month extension as the chairman of markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India, SEBI. His term will continue till February 2022.
- Department of Personnel and Training in an order said, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the extension of Ajay Tyagi’s term for 18 months with effect from 1st September 2020 to 28th February 2022.
- Tyagi, a 1984 batch retired IAS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre was appointed as the SEBI chairman in March 2017 for three years.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator of the securities and commodity market in India owned by the Government of India.
Founded: 12th April 1992; Headquarters: Mumbai
6. Atal Innovation Mission declares results of ATL Tinkering Marathon 2019
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has declared the results of its flagship national annual innovation marathon challenge.
- The ATL Tinkering Marathon 2019 was held over fifty thousand Atal Tinkering Labs across the country and announced 150 winners of the Marathon.
- The challenge was executed by AIM in partnership with MyGov on MyGov’s Innovate Platform this year.
Today GK Updates for Online Banking Classes
42 percent of the winning teams are from rural areas and 57 percent are from government schools. About 45 percent of the winning team students are girls.
7. Centre issues notification for CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death
- The Centre issued a notification asking the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar also demanded such a probe.
- The Centre told the Supreme Court that it has accepted the request by the Bihar government to order a CBI probe in Sushant Singh Rajput case.
Static GK For Online Bank Coaching :
Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead in his apartment in Mumbai’s Bandra on June 14th.