Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 7 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. President, PM Modi to address Governors’ Conference on National Education Policy
- President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the inaugural session of the Governors’ Conference on National Education Policy through video conference today.
- The Conference titled “Role of NEP-2020 in Transforming Higher Education” is being organized by the Ministry of Education.
- NEP-2020 is directed towards major reforms in both school and higher education level. The new National Education Policy strives for making India into an equitable and vibrant knowledge society.
- The Governors’ Conference is also being attended by Education Ministers of all States, Vice-Chancellors of State Universities and other senior officials.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
NEP-2020 is the first education policy of the 21st century which was announced after 34 years of the previous National Policy on Education 1986.
2. Third Rashtriya Poshan Maah being celebrated in September 2020
- The 3rd Rashtriya Poshan Maah is being celebrated in September 2020 to address the problem of malnutrition among women and young children.
- The aim behind the celebration of Poshan Maah is to encourage Jan Bhagidaari in order to ensure health and nutrition for everyone.
- Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Women and Child Development Ministry have been encouraging all the stakeholders to celebrate Poshan Maah through digital platforms.
- The focus activities during Poshan Maah will be the identification of Severely Acute Malnourished (SAM) Children and their mgmt.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
Every year Poshan Maah is celebrated all over the country under POSHAN Abhiyaan, launched in 2018.
3. Prakash Javadekar to chair a webinar on International Day of Clean Air For Blue Skies
- Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar will chair a webinar on the first-ever International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies today.
- He will also review the progress of activities under the National Clean Air programme (NCAP) during the course of the webinar.
- The webinar will be joined by Principal Secretaries of the Urban Development Departments and Environment Departments of 28 states and 8 Union Territories.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The General Assembly of the United Nations on 19th December last year had adopted a resolution to observe the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies on 7th September every year starting from this year.
4. Chandrayaan-3 launch likely in early 2021
- Minister of State for Space Dr Jitendra Singh has said that the launch of Chandrayaan-3 may now take place somewhere in early 2021.
- Chandrayaan-3 will be a mission repeat of Chandrayaan-2 and will include a Lander and Rover similar to that of Chandrayaan-2, but will not have an orbiter.
- Dr Singh also said that meanwhile, preparations are on for India’s first ever Human Space Mission Gaganyaan. Covid-19 pandemic led to some disruptions in the plan for Gaganyaan but efforts are going on to stick to the timeline of around 2022.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India and has its headquarters in the city of Bangalore.
Founder: Vikram Sarabhai; Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
5. S Krishnan appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval for the appointment of S Krishnan as Managing Director and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Prior to this elevation, Krishnan was an Executive Director at Canara Bank, a State-owned Bank.
- He will replace S Harishankar, the current MD and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Punjab & Sind Bank is among the few state-owned banks that had not been brought into the bank consolidation efforts of the Central Government.
6. India successfully tests its indigenously developed HSTDV
- In a historic mission today, India successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV).
- This is a giant leap in indigenous defence technologies and with this mission; DRDO has demonstrated capabilities for highly complex technology that will serve as the building block for Next Gen Hypersonic vehicles in partnership with industry.
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO for successfully testing the Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator vehicle using indigenously developed scramjet propulsion system.