Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Today GK Updates : 8th April Daily Current Affairs
1. World Health Day: 07th April
– The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7th April.
– The objective of World Health Day is to raise global awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization (WHO).
– Now at a time when the whole world is facing a health crisis as we fight the coronavirus pandemic, healthcare professionals are the frontline soldiers in this war and the World Health Day 2020 carries more importance than ever.
– The theme for this year is ‘Support Nurses And Midwives’.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. It is part of the U.N. Sustainable Development Group.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland; Head: Tedros Adhanom
2. Delhi govt forms five-point action plan to contain spread of coronavirus
– Delhi govt unveiled a five-point plan to tackle the coronavirus outbreak after speaking to experts and doctors. The “5Ts”includes testing, tracing, treatment, teamwork and tracking and monitoring of the virus.
– Taking from South Korea’s strategy, Kejriwal said that the government would conduct at least one lakh random “rapid tests” in hotspots across the city.
– Further, the government will continue tracing contacts of those who have tested positive for coronavirus.
– Govt will also focus on the treatment of patients who have contracted the disease. Teamwork is also very important.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
Anil Baijal is a retired Indian Administrative Service officer and is the 21st Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
Delhi LG: Deputy Chief Minister: Manish Sisodia
3. Indian Railways develops low-cost ventilator ‘Jeevan’
– Jeevan, a low-cost ventilator has been developed by Indian Railways at its Kapurthala rail coach factory. The ventilator that can save thousands of lives amid the COVID-19 outbreak is awaiting ICMR approval.
– Ravindra Gupta, General Manager of Rail Coach Factory (RCF) and the brain behind Jeevan, informed the cost of the ventilator will be around Rs 10,000 without the compressor. He further mentioned that with the ICMR approval and all the required materials, 100 such ventilators could be produced every day and the price will just be a fraction of the current cost of ventilators.
– If the situation worsens, India might need between 1,10,000-2,20,000 ventilators by May 15. Maximum of 57000 ventilators are available in the country and each one costs Rs.5- Rs.15 lakh.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
4. Govt relaxes export curbs on 24 pharma ingredients, medicines
– Government has relaxed export curbs on 24 pharma ingredients and medicines including vitamin B1 and B12. Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) issued a notification in this regard yesterday.
– Last month, DGFT had imposed export restrictions on 26 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and formulations, under which exporter has to obtain a licence or permission from the DGFT.
– Easing of curbs on 24 APIs and its formulations assumed significance as certain pharma companies have raised concerns over these restrictions. With this, export of these items is allowed freely without any restrictions.
5. SIDBI to provide emergency working capital of up to Rs 1 crore to MSMEs
– The Small Industries Development Bank of India – SIDBI has said that it will provide emergency working capital of up to one crore rupees to MSMEs against their confirmed government orders.
– The SIDBI Assistance to Facilitate Emergency response against Corona virus – SAFE PLUS will be offered collateral free and disbursed within 48 hours.
– SIDBI informed that the loans will be offered at an interest rate of five per cent. The scheme was launched to provide financial assistance to MSMEs engaged in manufacturing of hand sanitizers, masks, gloves, head gear, bodysuits, shoe-covers, ventilators and goggles.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
SIDBI Headquarters: Lucknow Founded: 2 April 1990 Agency executive: Mohammad Mustafa.
6. NHAI achieves highest ever construction of National Highways in FY 2019-20
– National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has achieved the highest ever construction of National Highways in financial year 2019-20.
– It has accomplished construction of 3979 kilometre of national highways and this is the highest ever highway construction achieved in a financial year by NHAI.
– The authority said in 2018-19, NHAI had constructed 3380 Kilometre.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams:
NHAI Headquarters: New Delhi; Founded: 1988; Chairman: Sukhbir Singh Sandhu