Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Current Affairs 24th Sep 2019 & Daily GK Update In English
1. Pink tickets for women for free travel in DTC and cluster buses
- Pink tickets will be issued to women passengers under the Delhi government’s scheme for free travel in DTC and cluster buses which was approved by the Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) board.
- The scheme has been approved till March 2020 and it will be rolled out on Bhai Dooj on October 29. Women travelling in DTC and cluster buses will be given pink tickets having a face value of ₹10 each.
- The government will then reimburse the transporter based on the number of such tickets issued.
Daily GK Updates for SBI PO Online Classes:
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal; Lt. Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
2. Wipro ties up with FEBRABAN to develop online business platform
- Wipro, the Bengaluru-based software services provider has tied up with Febraban, an industry body representing the Brazil’s financial services industry.
- Wipro will develop an online platform “Noomis” for the financial services industry in Brazil.
- Noomis will serve as a meeting point and a discussion platform for the finance professionals in Brazil who will participate in CIAB, an information technology trade show for financial services organized by FEBRABAN.
- Noomis will provide reliable, analytical, and unbiased information via news reports, videos, and newsletters that will enable participants to stay up to date on financial market trends.
3. Airtel, Bharti AXA Life tie up to offer pre-paid plan with term cover
- Bharti Airtel has tied up with Bharti AXA Life Insurance to offer a pre-paid plan with insurance protection cover for its customers, as part of its strategy to leverage the deep penetration of mobile services to build a financially secure India.
- Airtel has come up with an innovative ₹599 pre-paid bundle with offers ₹4 lakh life insurance cover from Bharti AXA Life Insurance. The recharge comes with a validity of 84 days, and the insurance cover continues automatically for three months with every recharge.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/IBPS RRB Mains:
- MD & CEO of Airtel Payments Bank: Anubrata Biswas.
- Headquarters of Airtel Payments Bank: New Delhi.
4. Paisalo Digital and Bank of Maharashtra sign agreement to co-origination of loan
- Paisalo Digital has signed its co-origination loan agreement with the Bank of Maharashtra. This is Company’s second Co-origination Agreement with any Bank, before Bank of Maharashtra, the company has already signed a co-origination loan agreement with State Bank of India.
Daily GK Updates for IBPS Clerk Online Classes:
- CEO of Bank of Maharashtra: A. S. Rajeev.
5. Ravish Kumar receives Gauri Lankesh National Award for Journalism
- Senior journalist and Ramon Magsaysay awardee, Ravish Kumar has received the 1st Gauri Lankesh National Award for Journalism.
- The award was conferred by the Gauri Lankesh Memorial Trust. The award was presented to him by freedom fighter H.S. Doreswamy.
- Three books, Neera Nade by Vinaya Okkunda, Dehali Nota by D. Umapathy, and Maatige Enu Kadime, a translation of Mr. Kumar’s The Free Voice by Harshakumar Kugwe, were released on the occasion.
6. Sonu Nigam bags Magnificent Performing Arts Award in UK
- Popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam has been honoured with the Magnificent Performing Arts Award at the annual 21st Century Icon Awards in London.
- The 21st Century Icon Awards are the brainchild of UK-based Indian-origin entrepreneurs Tarun Ghulati and Preeti Rana, co-founders of Squared Watermelon Ltd.
7. Best Fifa Football Awards 2019
- The “Best Fifa Football Awards 2019” felicitated in Milan. Barcelona’s Lionel Messi won the best men’s player at the Best Fifa Football Awards in Milan.
- It is the 6th time Messi has been voted the world’s best men’s player after winning it in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2015.
The complete list of awards is as follows:
- Best Men’s Player Award: Lionel Messi
- Best Women’s Player Award: Megan Rapinoe
- Men’s Coach of the Year: Jurgen Klopp
- Women’s Coach of the Year: Jill Ellis
- Best Men’s Goalkeeper: Alisson
- Best Women’s Goalkeeper: Sari van Veenendaal
- Fair Play Award: Marcelo Bielsa and the Leeds United squad
- Puskas Award for the Best Goal: Daniel Zsori
- FIFA Fan Award: Silvia Grecco
8. SEBI penalises Aurobindo Pharma and promoters for insider trading
- Securities and Exchange Board of India has imposed a penalty of over Rs 22 crore on Aurobindo Pharma and its promoters. They have been penalised for violating insider trading norms.
- The regulator had conducted an investigation into the trading in the scrip of Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- SEBI found that these entities purchased shares while in possession of the UPSI pertaining to Aurobindo, and made unlawful gains from having purchased its shares at a lower price before the publication of the unpublished price sensitive information (UPSI).
Daily GK Updates Online coaching for SSC :
- Headquarter of SEBI: Mumbai; Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi.
9. Sebastian Vettel wins F1 Singapore Grand Prix
- Ferrari Sebastian Vettel has won the Singapore Grand Prix. The event was held at the Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore.
- Charles Leclerc of Ferrari and Max Verstappen of Red Bull finished the race at 2nd and 3rd position respectively.
10. Divij Sharan bags St. Petersburg Open doubles title
- Indian tennis player Divij Sharan clinched the men’s doubles title in ATP Tour tennis tournament in St. Petersburg, Russia. Divij Sharan Open with partner Igor Zelenay, defeating Matteo Berrettini and Simone Bolelli 6-3, 3-6, 10-8.
11. Daniil Medvedev won St Petersburg Open title
- Daniil Medvedev won a sixth career title as he defeated Borna Coric 6-3, 6-1 in the final of the St Petersburg Open, Russia. World number four Medvedev, who since July has reached five finals in as many tournaments, won his third title of the year and sixth of his career.
12. Carolina Marin lifts China Open title
- Olympic gold medalist Carolina Marin defeated Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying 14-21, 21-17, 21-18 in the women’s badminton singles final match to lift the China Open title.
- She is returning to the court after eight months as she had knee surgery. She missed the BWF World Championships which concluded last month in Basel, Switzerland.
13. Malvika Bansod wins the Maldives International Future Series
- Indian shuttler Malvika Bansod has won the Maldives International Future Series held in Maldives. She defeated Myanmar’s Thet Htar Thuzar by 21-13, 21-11 to win the Maldives International Future Series.
- Also, Vaibhav and Prakash Raj claimed the men’s doubles title after beating Thailand’s Pakkapon Teeraratsakul and Panitchaphon Teeraratsakul by 21-16 and 21-15.
14. Nelly Korda wins LET title at Ladies French Open
- Nelly Korda has won the Ladies European Tour Title at Lacoste Ladies French Open. She shot a four-under 67 to win her first Ladies European Tour title.
- India’s Aditi Ashok was the best Indian at the Lacoste Ladies Open de France as she shot even par 71 in the final round to finish at 26th.
15. International Day of Sign Languages: 23 September
- The United Nations General Assembly observes 23 September every year as the International Day of Sign Languages.
- The day is recognised to raise awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- It also recognizes the importance of preserving sign languages as part of linguistic and cultural diversity.
- The first International Day of Sign languages was celebrated in 2018.
- The theme of day for 2019: Sign Language Rights for All!
Daily GK Updates for IBPS Clerk Online Classes:
- Headquarters of United Nations: New York, USA; Founded: 24 October 1945.
- Secretary General of the United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
16. Former Indian Cricketer Madhav Apte passes away
- Former Indian cricketer Madhav Apte passed away. He has played 67 first-class matches, scored 3336 runs, with six centuries and 16 half-centuries. He made his Test debut against Pakistan at the Cricket Club of India (CCI) in Mumbai on November 1952 and played his last test against West Indies at Kingston in April 1953.
17. Ex-PTI correspondent B R Vats, who covered 1st LS polls, passes away
- Bhagat Ram Vats a former PTI senior correspondent passed away. He travelled extensively with first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru and covered the country’s maiden Lok Sabha polls for 14 years, covering his activities in India and abroad, especially his election tours in 1952, 1957 and 1962.
- He started his career with The Statesman, New Delhi, and later joined the Press Trust of India.