Get Updated Video lectures / Study material
Gktoday & Current Affairs 2nd Sep 2018 : Daily GK Updates In Hindi
1. 6th East Asia Summit And 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers Meeting Held in Singapore
Commerce & Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu attended the 6th East Asia Summit- Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EAS-EMM) and 15th India-ASEAN Economic Ministers’ Meeting (AEM) in Singapore. Singapore is currently holding the Chair of ASEAN.
The 6th East-Asia Economic Ministers’ Meeting was chaired by Chan Chun Sing, Minister for Trade and Industry, Singapore, and was attended by Economic Ministers from 10 ASEAN countries and their eight dialogue partners, Australia, China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, the Russian Federation and the United States of America.
2. Asian Games 2018: India Finishes With Biggest Ever Medal Tally of 69
The 18th Asian Games came to a close, with India achieving its best-ever medal haul of 69 and equaling its best gold medal haul of 15 after 67 years. In the final few medal events on the 14th day, India added four medals to its kitty, two Gold, a silver and a bronze.
Boxer Amit Panghal stunned the Olympic Champion Hasanboy Dusmatov in the men’s 49 Kilogram category to win India’s only boxing gold. Indian men’s bridge team won bridge gold for India. The duo of Pranab Bardhan, Shibhnath Sarkar finished top of the table with 384 points.
Apart from the 15 gold, India picked up 24 silver and 30 bronze medals for a brilliant show that helped them finish inside top-10 at eighth for the third consecutive time.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for online bank coaching videos
- The Host cities for Asian Games 2018 are Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.
- Bhin Bhin, Kaka, and Atung are the mascots of the 2018 Asian Games.
3. India, Nepal Sign MoU on Preliminary Survey Of Railway Line Between Raxaul & Kathmandu
India and Nepal have signed an MoU on Preliminary Engineering-cum-Traffic Survey on Broad Gauge Rail Line between Raxaul (Bihar) and Kathmandu. Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri and Nepal’s Secretary of Ministry of Physical Planning and Works, Madhusudan Adhikari signed the MoU in Kathmandu.
India and Nepal had agreed in April 2018 to construct a new electrified rail line with India’s financial support connecting the border city of Raxaul in India to Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd. has been entrusted to conduct a preliminary engineering-cum-traffic survey of the new rail line in consultation with the Government of Nepal.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for bank exam online coaching
- Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is the current Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Bidhya Devi Bhandari is the current President of Nepal and commander in chief of Nepalese Army.
- The Nepalese Rupee is the currency of Nepal.