Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
1. Goa Maritime Conclave 2019 inaugurated
- The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC)-2019 was inaugurated by the National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Kumar Doval, at Goa.
- This conclave was conducted by the Naval War College. The subjects of the conclave are Opportunities and Challenges in the Indian Ocean Region, Forging Common Maritime Priorities, Regional Constructs and Strategies in the region.
- The theme for the conclave is “Common Maritime Priorities in IOR and need for Regional Maritime Strategy”.
2. HP Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC bank
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC bank.
- Pragati Rath will provide financial and digital literacy to the people during a month-long initiative by moving to different parts of Himachal Pradesh.
- During the launching occasion, the bank provided a cheque Rs.1 crore to the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. The bank has also announced that it is to launch the Sustainable Livelihood Initiative in the State.
Daily GK Updates for IBPS Clerk Online Classes:
- Governor of Himanchal Pradesh: Bandaru Dattatraya.
3. Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launches ‘YSR Vahana Mitra’
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch the “YSR Vahana Mitra scheme” in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
- Under which the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per annum to owner-driver of an auto-rickshaw, or taxicab with the aim to meet their insurance premium, licence fee and other recurring expenses.
Daily GK Updates Online coaching for SSC :
- Andhra Pradesh Governor: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
4. President Kovind appoints Chief Justices to 7 high courts
- President Ramnath Kovind appoints Chief Justices to seven high courts.
- Those chief justices have been appointed to Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Gauhati, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim High Courts.
|Lingappa Narayana Swamy||Himachal Pradesh High Court|
|Ravi ShankerJha||Punjab and Haryana High Court|
|Indrajit Mohanty||Rajasthan High Court|
|J.K. Maheshwari||Andhra Pradesh High Court|
|S. Manikumar||Kerala High Court|
|Arup K. Goswami||Sikkim High Court|
|Ajai Lamba||Gauhati High Court|
- Four of the new Chief Justices would fill the vacancies left by Justices V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy, who were elevated to the Supreme Court recently from the Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Rajasthan, and Kerala High Courts, respectively.
5. Vijay Patil elected President of Mumbai Cricket Association
- Vijay Patil has been elected the president of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), while Sanjay Naik and Amol Kale were elected as secretary and vice-president respectively.
- Vijay Patil is the son of former Governor of Bihar Dr DY Patil.
6. UCO Bank launches UCash, Digilocker and an App
- UCO Bank has launched three new digital products called, UCash, Digilocker and an app in Kolkata, West Bengal. A new current account facility has also been launched by the bank.
- UCash enables customers to withdraw money from ATMs through mobile banking without using a debit card. Digilocker aims to eliminate the use of physical documents and enables sharing of verified electronic documents.
- The third product, the new mobile app, integrates four existing apps of the bank – UCO Mbanking, UCO UPI, UCO Mpassbook and UCO Secure- in a single interface.
Daily GK Updates for IBPS Clerk Online Classes:
- MD & CEO of UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel; Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
7. Centenarian philatelist Krishna Kadekodi passes away
- Centenarian philatelist and coin collector Krishna Gopalkrishna Kadekodi passed away. He was 102.
- He started his career as a revenue inspector and retired as a special deputy commissioner at the Regional Commissioner’s Office in Belagavi.
- He was the first tahsildar of Panaji after the liberation of Goa from Portuguese occupation.
- He was popular not only in India but also aborad for his hobby of collecting stamps, coins and antiques. His collection includes a coloured stamp of Queen Victoria issued in 1854.
8. Farook Khan, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa passes away
- Farook Khan, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa passed away. He hailed from Maharashtra. He had started the Miss India South Africa Pageant as part of the Miss India Worldwide Pageant.
9. Bangladesh, Buddhist leader Satyapriya Mohathero passes away
- The second highest Buddhist leader of Bangladesh and head of Sima Bihar of Ramu, Satyapriya Mohathero passed away in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- He was awarded the second-highest civilian award of Bangladesh Ekushey Padak in 2015 for social work.
- The Ramu monastery had provided shelter to a large number of people during the Liberation War of Bangladesh 1971 in the face of Pakistani atrocities.
10. World Teachers’ Day: 5 October
- World Teachers’ Day or International Teachers’ Days is celebrated on October 5.
- The aim of World Teacher’ss Day is to acknowledge the significant role of educators across the world.
- It commemorates the anniversary of the adoption of UNESCO’s 1966 recommendation concerning the status of teachers.
- This year’s theme: ‘Young Teachers: The future of the Profession’.
- The UNESCO adopted the recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel in 1997 to complement the 1966 recommendation by covering teaching and research personnel in higher education.
- UNESCO’s recommendation sets benchmarks regarding the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and teaching and learning conditions.
11. India’s first floating basketball court opens in Arabian Sea, Mumbai
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) brought to India the first-ever Floating Basketball Court in the Arabian Sea in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- NBA India on December 20, 2018, had announced that the first-ever NBA game in the country would be organized on October 4 and 5 in Mumbai.
- The NBA India Games 2019 will feature the Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers, who will play two pre-season games on October 4 and 5.