Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 15 March 2021
1. Amarnath Yatra for this year to commence on June 28
- The 56 day long annual pilgrimage to the holy cave shrine of Shri Amarnath Ji will commence on June 28 and will conclude on Aug 22 in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Decision was taken in a meeting of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board to hold the event with strict covid-19 guidelines.
- The Amarnath Yatra was cancelled last year due to Covid-19.
- The Board has said it will continue the live telecast / virtual Darshan of morning and evening Aarti.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
Situated in a narrow gorge at the farther end of Lidder Valley, the Amarnath Shrine stands at 3,888 metres, 46 km from Pahalgam and 14 km from Baltal.
2. Jal Shakti Ministry launches framework for water monitoring and quality testing
- The Jal Shakti Ministry launched guidelines for monitoring, testing, and surveillance of drinking water quality at the state, block / tehsil, state, and village levels. They have been prepared in consultation with the Indian Council of Medical Research.
- The Ministry also launched Water Quality Information Management System, an online portal that will provide detailed information on the laboratories for this purpose.
- The entire cost of the Jal Jeevan Mission is Rs. 3,60,000 crores and around 2% of it has been dedicated to water quality.
- The Mission is a flagship programme of the Centre to provide tap water connection in every rural household by 2024.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
Since announcement of Jal Jeevan Mission on 15th August 2019, more than 3.79 crore rural households have been provided with tap water connections.
3. World Consumer Rights Day: 15th March
- The World Consumer Rights Day is observed annually on 15th March since 1983 to spread awareness about consumer rights and responsibilities so as to enable the consumer to fight against social injustices.
- The theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2021 is ‘Tackle Plastic Pollution’.
- The day was inspired by President John F Kennedy’s special message to the US Congress on March 15, 1962.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
In India, the National Consumer Day is observed on Dec 24 as the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 received the approval of the President of India and came into force on this date.
4. India supplied over 5.86 cr doses of Made in India COVID vaccines to nearly 71 countries
- India has supplied over 5 crore 86 lakh doses of indigenous Covid19 vaccines to nearly 71 countries till date.
- Out of the total supply over 81 lakh doses have been given free of cost as grant aid to 37 countries whereas 1 crore 65 lakh doses have been sent under the COVAX facility route to around 31 countries and over 3 crore 39 lakh vaccine doses have also been sent to 24 different countries on commercial basis.
- Under the ‘Vaccine Maitri’ initiative; Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Bahrain, Oman, Afghanistan including others were the first countries to receive the Made in India Vaccines.
5. Mithali Raj becomes first Indian woman cricketer to score 10,000 international runs
- Mithali Raj became the first Indian woman cricketer to score 10,000 international runs across all cricket formats. She is also the second woman cricketer to achieve this milestone.
- Mithali Raj who leads the ODI team of India has joined Charlotte Edwards of England in the elite club.
- She is also the only female cricketer to surpass the 7,000 run mark in ODIs.
- In 2019, she became the first woman to complete 20 years in International cricket.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Online Classes
Mithali Raj is also the recipient of several National and International awards, including the Arjuna Award in 2003 and Padma Shri in 2015.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi For 15 March 2021
भारत ने 71 देशों को स्वदेश निर्मित 5 करोड 86 लाख कोविड टीकों की आपूर्ति की
- भारत ने अब तक करीब 71 देशों को स्वदेश में निर्मित 5 करोड़ 86 लाख टीकों की आपूर्ति की है।
- इनमें से 37 देशों को सहायता स्वरूप 81 लाख टीके नि:शुल्क उपलब्ध कराए गए, जबकि करीब 31 देशों को एक करोड़ 65 लाख टीके कोवैक्स सुविधा के अंतर्गत उपलब्ध कराए गए और वाणिज्यिक आधार पर भी 24 देशों को 3 करोड़ 39 लाख टीके भेजे गए हैं।
- वैक्सीन मैत्री पहल के अंतर्गत सहायता के रूप में भारतीय टीका प्राप्त करने वाले पहले देशों में अन्य देशों सहित बंग्लादेश, म्यांमार, नेपाल, भूटान, मॉलदीव, मॉरीशस, श्रीलंका, सेशल्स, बहरीन, ओमान और अफगानिस्तान शामिल थे।
World Consumer Rights Day: 15th March
- 15 मार्च को हर साल विश्व उपभोक्ता अधिकार दिवस मनाया जाता है, अपने अधिकारों के प्रति जागरूक करने के लिए।
- उपभोक्ता आंदोलन की नींव सबसे पहले 15 मार्च 1962 को अमेरिका में रखी गई थी और 15 मार्च 1983 से यह दिवस इसी दिन लगातार मनाया जा रहा है।
- भारत में हर साल 24 दिसंबर को राष्ट्रीय उपभोक्ता संरक्षण दिवस मनाया जा रहा है।