Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 3 March 2021
1. Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV merged into Sansad TV
- Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV have been merged into a single entity called the Sansad TV. While LS TV was launched in 2006, RS TV was launched in 2011.
- The official announcement came after a joint decision of the RS Chairman, M Venkaiah Naidu and Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla.
- Former bureaucrat Ravi Capoor has been appointed as the CEO of Sansad TV with immediate effect. His appointment is for a period of one year.
- Sansad TV will be available in both Hindi and English language. When Parliament is not in session, the two channels will have “common content to a large-extent”, sources had said.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
LSTV channel broadcasts live and recorded coverage of the Lok Sabha proceedings (lower house of Parliament) while RSTV covers the sessions of the Rajya Sabha (upper house of Parliament). While LS TV was launched in 2006, RS TV was launched in 2011.
2. IAF to participate in Desert Flag exercise with US, France in UAE today
- The Indian Air Force is all set to take part for the first time in the multinational exercise Desert Flag beginning in Al-Dhafra airbase in UAE today.
- The exercise will conclude on 27th of this month.
- The Indian Air Force is participating in the Exercise with six Sukhoi Su-30 MKI, two C-17 and one IL-78 tanker aircraft along with air forces of UAE, USA, France, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Bahrain.
- The multinational exercise would mark the first instance of India taking part in a major multi-national air combat exercise in the strategically-located Persian Gulf region.
3. Haryana implements 75 percent reservation for locals in private sector jobs
- The Haryana Governor has approved a bill that reserves 75 percent of the private sector jobs in companies, societies and trusts with gross salary upto 50,000 per month for the people of the state.
- The legislation was passed by the state assembly last year.
- Companies must register details of all employees getting salaries upto 50,000 per month failure to do so within three months of it becoming a law will attract penalties.
- The Haryana government had said the reservation will be socially, economically and environmentally desirable.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
Haryana Capital: Chandigarh; Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
4. Virat Kohli becomes first cricketer to hit 100 million followers on Instagram
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli became the first cricketer to hit 100 million followers on social networking platform Instagram. He is now the fourth most followed sportsperson on Instagram.
- Virat Kohli has joined Argentine Forward Lionel Messi, Juventus Striker Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Hollywood actor and former pro-wrestler Dwayne ‘The Rock’, American Singer-Songwriter Ariana Grande and Beyonce in 100 million club.
- Apart from Instagram, he has a massive fan following on other social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. As of now, he has 40.8 million followers on Twitter and over 36 million followers on Facebook.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
Virat Kohli made his debut in the ODI format in August 2008. He holds the top spot in the ODI batting rankings of the International Cricket Council- ICC.
The captain has scored 12,040 runs in 251 ODIs at an average of 59.31. He has represented India in 90 test matches and has scored 7,490 runs with the highest of 254. In T20I format, he has played 85 matches and has scored 2,928 runs at a strike rate of 138.43.
5. Manpreet Vohra appointed India’s High Commissioner to Australia
- Senior diplomat Manpreet Vohra has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to Australia, the MEA said.
- Mr Vohra, a 1988-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer is presently Ambassador of India to Mexico. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- His appointment comes at a time India-Australia ties are at an upswing and the two countries are stepping up cooperation particularly in the Indo-Pacific region.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Preparation Classes
Australia Prime minister: Scott Morrison; Capital: Canberra