Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 4 March 2021
1. Cabinet gives nod to pact between India, Fiji for co-operation in agri sector
- The Indian Government approved a pact between India and Fiji for co-operation in agriculture and the allied sectors.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi, gave its approval to the signing of MoU between the Ministry of Agriculture, India and the Agriculture Ministry of the Republic of Fiji.
- The agreement will come into effect on the date of its signing and will remain in force for 5 years.
- The MoU signed between India and Fiji will provide for cooperation in various areas which will include the promotion of joint ventures between the private sectors of both countries.
- A Joint Working Group will also be constituted under the MoU.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
Fiji Capital: Suva; Currency: Fijian dollar; President: Jioji Konrote
2. Union Govt amends Insurance Ombudsman Rules for speedy resolution of complaints
- Union Government has amended Insurance Ombudsman Rules for better resolution of policyholders’ complaints regarding insurance service deficiencies.
- The government has extended the scope of complaints to Ombudsmen from only disputes earlier to deficiencies in service on the part of brokers, agents, insurers and other intermediaries.
- It is also intended to improve the working of the Insurance Ombudsman mechanism and resolution of complaints in a timely, cost-effective and impartial manner.
- The policyholders will now be able to make complaints electronically to the Ombudsman. A complaints management system will be set up to enable policyholders to track the status of their complaints online.
3. External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar to visit Bangladesh today
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar will pay an official visit to Bangladesh’s capital city, Dhaka on 4th March.
- The Union Minister will be visiting the nation on the invitation of his Bangladeshi counterpart Dr A. K. Abdul Momen.
- During the visit, Dr Jaishankar will also call on Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- The visit follows on the PM-level Virtual Summit between two countries on Dec 17 last year.
- It is expected to provide an opportunity to take stock of the progress in India-Bangladesh bilateral relations.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
Bangladesh Currency: Bangladeshi taka; President: Abdul Hamid
4. Mary Kom appointed as Chairperson of AIBA champions and veterans committee
- Indian Boxer Mary Kom has been appointed as the chairperson of the International Boxing Association’s (AIBA) champions and veterans committee. The AIBA champions and veterans committee was formed in Dec 2020.
- Mary Kom is an Indian boxer and current Member of the Indian Parliament. She was nominated as a member of the Rajya Sabha by President Ram Nath Kovind on April 25, 2016.
- She is the only female boxer to become World Boxing Champion for record six times.
- Mary Kom was honoured with India’s second-highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan in 2020.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
Mary Kom was previously awarded the Padma Shri (India’s fourth-highest civilian award) in 2006 and Padma Bhushan (India’s third-highest civilian award) in 2013.
5. World Wildlife Day: 03rd March
- The World Wildlife Day is observed every year on 3rd March to raise awareness about the world’s wild fauna and flora.
- March 3rd has been chosen as it is the day of signature of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973.
- The theme for the year 2021 is: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Preparation Classes
The day was proposed by Thailand and recognised in 2013 by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).