Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 5 March 2021
1. UNGA adopts India’s resolution to declare 2023 as International Year of Millets
- The United Nations has unanimously declared 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- The 193 member UN General Assembly adopted a resolution sponsored by India and supported by over 70 nations declaring 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador T.S. Tirumurti said it is a big step to promote nutritional and ecological benefits of millets to the world as a key component of the food basket and effect policy changes.
- Millets can grow on poor soils and are resistant to many crop diseases & pests. They can also survive adverse climatic conditions.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The United Nations General Assembly is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations serving as the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
President: Volkan Bozkır; Headquarters: New York, United States
2. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs released Ease of Living Index 2020
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs; Hardeep Singh Puri announced the release of the final rankings of Ease of Living Index 2020.
- The rankings under Ease of Living Index 2020 were announced for cities with a population of more than a million, and cities with less than a million people. 111 cities participated in the assessment exercise that was conducted in 2020.
- Bengaluru emerged as the top performer in the Million+ category, followed by Pune, Ahmedabad and Chennai.
- In the Less than Million category, Shimla was ranked the highest in ease of living, followed by Bhubaneswar and Silvassa.
- Indore has emerged as the highest ranked municipality in the Million+ category.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
The first edition of the index was launched in 2018.
3. PM Modi to hold virtual summit with Swedish counterpart Stefan Löfven today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a virtual summit with his Swedish counterpart Stefan Löfven today.
- This will be the fifth interaction between the two leaders since 2015.
- During the Summit, the two leaders will hold comprehensive discussions on the entire spectrum of the bilateral relations and exchange views on regional and global issues including further strengthening of cooperation in the post-COVID era.
- Around 250 Swedish companies are actively operating in India in various sectors whereas around 75 Indian companies are also active in Sweden.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
Sweden Capital: Stockholm; Currency: Swedish krona
4. Mumbai’s CSMT becomes first railway station to get IGBC Gold Certification
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station is the first railway station in Maharashtra to be awarded with Gold certification as per CII’s Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) ratings.
- CSMT have implemented various green initiative & smart passenger amenities like creating green areas by plantation, installation of solar panels, LED bulbs and lights, Wi-Fi, Automatic Ticket Vending Machines, Tourism information & Booking Centre, Food Court, Pharmacy & Medical Facility, etc.
- Station is designed to be commuter friendly for differently abled and senior citizens.
- Measures for Plastic Ban to create awareness.
5. National Safety Day: 04th March
- The National Safety Day is observed every year on 4th March by the National Safety Council (NSC) of India.
- The day aims to develop a sense of safety awareness among people by providing them with safety, health and environment related support services.
- The day is also celebrated to mark the foundation of the National Safety Council, which was set up on 4th March, 1966 by the Ministry of Labour, Government of India.
- The Theme for the year 2021 is: “Sadak Suraksha (Road Safety)”.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Preparation Classes
In 2021, we are observing the 50th National Safety Day.