Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 6 March 2021
1. PM Modi to address Janaushadhi Diwas celebrations through video conferencing tomorrow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the Janaushadhi Diwas celebrations through video conferencing tomorrow.
- He will dedicate to the nation the 7500th Janaushadhi Kendra at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, Shillong.
- On the occasion, Mr. Modi will also interact with beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana and give awards to stakeholders by recognizing their excellent work. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana is aimed at providing quality medicines at an affordable price.
- The number of stores under the scheme has grown to 7499 with all districts of the country covered.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
In order to create more awareness about Janaushadhi, the entire week from 1st to 7th March, is being celebrated as Janaushadhi Week across the country.
2. Govt constitutes National Committee headed by PM to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence
- The government has constituted a National Committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The committee has 259 members and includes dignitaries, eminent citizens from all walks of life.
- It will provide policy direction and guidelines for formulation of programs for the commemoration of 75th anniversary of Indian Independence, at the national and international levels.
- The 75 years of India’s Independence falls on 15th August next year and celebrations are proposed to be launched 75 weeks prior to this date on 12th March this year. 12th March is the 91st anniversary of the historic Salt Satyagraha led by Mahatma Gandhi.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
A National Implementation Committee had earlier been constituted for the commemoration, to guide the policies and programs to be undertaken by various Ministries. A Committee of Secretaries has also been set up for this purpose.
3. India successfully conducts flight test of SFDR technology off Odisha coast
- Defence Research and Development Organisation has successfully carried out a flight demonstration based on Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet technology from Integrated Test Range Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Defence Ministry said, all the subsystems, including the booster motor and nozzle-less motor performed as expected.
- Successful demonstration of Solid Fuel based Ducted Ramjet technology has provided DRDO with a technological advantage which will enable it to develop long range air-to-air missiles.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated the scientists of DRDO, Indian Air Force and the Industry on the successful flight test of SFDR.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi.
DRDO Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
4. Union Education minister inaugurates 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the New Delhi World Book Fair organized by the National Book Trust.
- The theme of the book fair this year is ‘National Education Policy 2020’ aiming to universalize the Indian education system from Pre-primary to higher education level.
- Over 160 publishers and exhibitors from India and abroad will be participating in the book fair through e-stalls. The visitors will also be able to visit the websites of the exhibitors / publishers directly from the e-stalls to view more products.
5. India flags off first consignment of ‘red rice’ to USA
- The first consignment of ‘red rice’ was flagged off to the United States of America from Assam, giving a major boost to India’s rice export potential.
- Red rice is rich in iron and the variety is grown in the Brahmaputra valley of Assam without using any form of chemical fertilizer.
- The exported rice variety is known as ‘Bao-dhaan’, which is also an integral part of the Assamese food.
- The Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority has been promoting rice exports with various stakeholders through collaborations in value chains.