Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Current Affairs Daily Update In Hindi & English- 8 March 2021
1. Govt constitutes National Committee to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence
- The govt has constituted a National Committee headed by PM Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
- It will hold its first meeting today to discuss modalities relating to preparatory activities.
- The committee has 259 members and includes dignitaries, eminent citizens from all walks of life. It includes Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, Governors as well as leaders of different political parties including BJP President JP Nadda and Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi.
- It will provide policy direction and guidelines for formulation of programs for the commemoration of 75th anniversary of Indian Independence, at the national and international levels.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The 75 years of India’s Independence falls on 15th August next year and celebrations are proposed to be launched 75 weeks prior to this date on 12th March this year. 12th March is the 91st anniversary of the historic Salt Satyagraha led by Mahatma Gandhi.
2 .India successfully conducts flight test of SFDR technology off Odisha coast
- Defence Research and Development Organisation has successfully carried out a flight demonstration based on Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet technology from Integrated Test Range Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Defence Ministry said, all the subsystems, including the booster motor and nozzle-less motor performed as expected.
- Successful demonstration of Solid Fuel based Ducted Ramjet technology has provided DRDO with a technological advantage which will enable it to develop long range air-to-air missiles.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated the scientists of DRDO, Indian Air Force and the Industry on the successful flight test of SFDR.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
The Defence Research and Development Organisation is an agency under the Ministry of Defence of the Government of India charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in Delhi.
DRDO Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
3. Delhi Cabinet approves constitution of Delhi Board of School Education
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced that Delhi Cabinet have given approval for the constitution of Delhi Board of School Education.
- The Delhi Board of School Education will have a Governing Body chaired by Education Minister and an Executive Body for day-to-day function headed by a CEO.
- He said that the focus of the board will be on the understanding of concepts and personality development.
- In the new academic session 2021-22, 20-25 schools will be included in the new Delhi Board of School Education.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
There are around 1000 govt schools & 1700 private schools in Delhi. All govt schools and most private schools are affiliated with CBSE.
4. BCCI announces schedule for VIVO IPL 2021
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the schedule for the 14th edition of IPL 2021 to be held in India.
- After nearly two years, the IPL tournament will return home with Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai & Kolkata hosting all the matches.
- The season will kick-start on 9th April, 2021 in Chennai with defending champion Mumbai Indians taking on Royal Challengers Bangalore. The final match will be played on 30th May.
- All matches will be played at neutral venues; no team will play at their home venue. All teams will play at 4 out of 6 venues during the league stage.
5. International Women’s Day: 08th March
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March every year to help forge a gender equal world, celebrate women’s achievements in every sphere of life.
- This day is observed to acknowledge the cultural, political, economic and social achievements of women and also highlights the extraordinary roles played by them.
- The theme for this year is – ‘Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world’ highlighting the impact that girls and women worldwide had as health care workers, caregivers, innovators & community organizers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CHSL Preparation Classes
The United Nations began celebrating this day in 1977.