Today Current Affairs In Hindi
Daily Current Affairs 06th April 2018 || Daily GK updates
- April 7, 2018
- Posted by: Shivam
- Category: April 2018
Daily Current Affairs 06th April 2018 || Daily GK updates
The questions on Static and Banking Awareness are related to the countries, events or anything that has been in news for a while. Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!!
1. Nepal PM K P Sharma Oli on 3-day Visit to India
i. Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli has begun his three-day visit to India. According to the External Affairs Ministry, the visit will provide an opportunity to review wide-ranging cooperative partnership and to progress it further.
ii. PM Oli will also visit G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- Nepal Capital- Kathmandu, Currency– Nepalese rupee, President- Bidhya Devi Bhandari, Prime Minister- Khadga Prasad Oli.
2. National Maritime Day: 5 April
i. The 55th edition of National Maritime Day was celebrated all over India. NMD is celebrated on 5th April every year since 1964.
ii. The theme for National Maritime Day 2018 is: ‘Indian Shipping – An Ocean of opportunity’.
3. Coal Ministry Launches UTTAM App For Quality Monitoring
i. The Union Minister for Railways and Coal Shri Piyush Goyal launched UTTAM App for Coal Quality Monitoring. UTTAM stands for – Unlocking Transparency by Third Party Assessment of Mined Coal.
ii. The Ministry of Coal and Coal India Limited (CIL) developed UTTAM. It aims to
provide an App for all citizens and coal consumers to monitor the process of Third Party Sampling of coal across CIL subsidiaries.
4. Global Logistics Summit Held in New Delhi
i. The Global Logistics Summit was held in New Delhi. It was organised by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and the World Bank Group.
ii. According to the Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, 56 new airports will be ready for operation in the next few years.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI clerk exam Exam 2018-
- World Bank President- Jim Yong Kim, Headquarter- Washington DC.
5. Delhi-Pathankot Flight Under UDAN Scheme Inaugurated
i. Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu inaugurated first flight from Delhi to Pathankot (Punjab), at a ceremony held at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
ii. The Pathankot airport has been opened by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to improve regional connectivity as per the UDAN Scheme. Pathankot in Punjab state is the 21st airport in the country, which got operational for passengers.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for IBPS PO Exam Exam 2018-
- UDAN is a Regional Connectivity Scheme stands for Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagarik.
- Under UDAN, air connectivity is provided to unserved and underserved airports at a subsidized fare.
- The Chairman of Airports Authority of India is Guruprasad Mohapatra.
6. India 3rd Most Vulnerable Country to Cyber Threats
i. India emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, such as malware, spam and ransomware, in 2017, according to a report by security solutions provider Symantec.
ii. In 2017, 5.09% of global threats detected were in India. The U.S. (26.61%) was most vulnerable to such attacks, followed by China (10.95%), according to ‘Internet Security Threat Report’.
7. Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018: Indian, Korean Coast Guards Hold Joint Exercise
i. Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise ‘Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018’ was conducted off the Chennai coast, in Tamil Nadu. The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘Bodaro’ took part in the exercise.
ii. Indian Coast Guard deployed a Dornier aircraft to carry out a sea-air coordinated search along with ICG Shaurya, Rani Abbakka, C-423, C-431 in the exercise.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO Exam 2018-
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard is Rajendra Singh and Commissioner of Korean Coast Guard is General Park Kyung.
8. Turkey Hosts Critical Summit on Syria War With Russia and Iran
i. The presidents of Iran, Turkey and Russia met for their second tripartite summit in under six months, aiming to speed the peace process for Syria and bolster their influence in the country.
ii. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan hosted his Russian and Iranian counterparts Vladimir Putin and Hassan Rouhani in Ankara for a meeting that could have a critical bearing on developments in Syria.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for RRB 2018 Exam
- Iran Capital- Tehran, Currency- Iranian Rial.
- Turkey Capital- Ankara, Currency- Turkish lira.
- Russia Capital- Moscow, Currency- Russian ruble.
9. India and Azerbaijan Ink 2 Agreements
i. India and Azerbaijan have inked two documents for the visa waiver for diplomatic, official and service passports holders and cooperation between diplomatic training institutes.
ii. The agreements were signed during the ongoing visit of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to that country. Ms Swaraj is there to be part of 18th NAM Ministerial Conference in Baku.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI clerk Exam 2018-
- President of Azerbaijan- Ilham Aliyev, Capital- Baku, Currency- Azerbaijani manat.
10. FIEO and PayPal Inks MoU
i. Digital payments company PayPal and the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) signed an agreement for the promotion of outbound shipments among small and medium enterprises (SMEs) leveraging the partners’ expertise and technology products.
ii. As part of the agreement, PayPal will work with FIEO to educate SMEs on how to
leverage global opportunities, help them receive money in a safe and timely manner with PayPal products. FIEO contributes to more than 70% of India’s exports.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for RRB 2018
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) headquarters in New Delhi.
- Ganesh Kumar Gupta is the President of FIEO.
11. CWG 2018: Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu Wins India’s 2nd Gold Medal
i. Weightlifter Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu has delivered India its second gold medal of the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast City, Australia by dominating the women’s 53kg event.
ii. The defending champion, Loa Dika Toua of Papua New Guinea, claimed silver with a total lift of 182 and bronze went to Canada’s Rachel Leblanc-Bazinet who finished with a combined effort of 181kg.
12. CWG 2018- Deepak Lather Becomes Youngest Weightlifter to Win Medal
i. Teenager Deepak Lather became the youngest Indian (18 Yrs old) weightlifter to claim a Commonwealth Games medal, clinching a bronze in the men’s 69kg category.
ii. He held the 62kg category national record at 15.
13. Mithali Raj Becomes Most Capped Player in Women’s ODIs
i. Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has become the most capped player in women’s ODI cricket after turning out for the 192nd time against England.
ii. Raj, who is also the highest run-getter in WODIs, overtook former England captain Charlotte Edwards, who had appeared in 191 WODIs. Indian fast bowler Jhulan Goswami is the third-most capped WODI player.
If you want to take , Daily GK updates , IBPS PO online classes , online bank exam preparation , IBPS clerk online classes , SBI CLERK Online classes , IBPS, SBI, RRB – PO/Clerk. Visit Our website : www.takshilalearning.com.