Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 1 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. FM Nirmala Sitharaman to present Union Budget 2021-22 in Lok Sabha at 11 AM today
- The Union Budget 2021-22 will be presented in the Parliament by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at 11 AM today.
- The Union Budget this year for the first time will be available only in digital format. It can be accessed through the mobile app UNION BUDGET both on android and iOS platform.
- The App has been developed by the National Informatics Centre under the guidance of the Department of Economic Affairs.
- The Budget is expected to be focused on raising farmers’ income, improving healthcare infrastructure, boost public health spending, generating employment for the youth and providing enhanced support to the small and medium enterprises.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
The Economic Survey 2020-21 has projected that India’s real GDP growth to be 11.0% in FY 2021-22 and nominal GDP to be around 15.4%, which is the highest since independence.
2. Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurates 8th India International Silk Fair
- Textiles Minister Smriti Irani inaugurated the 8th India International Silk Fair. The five days event is being held virtually due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mrs Irani said that more than 200 overseas buyers have already registered and equal number of their representatives in India will be interacting with more than 100 renowned and big Indian companies manufacturing and trading silk and silk blended products.
- The fair is considered to be India’s biggest silk fair being held under one roof on Indian Silk Export Promotion Council’s virtual platform.
- India has long history of silk production and is the 2nd largest producer of Silk.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
India is the only country in the world which produces all the four major varieties of silk – Mulberry, Eri, Tassar and Muga.
3. VP M Venkaiah Naidu to inaugurate National Tribal Festival ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ today
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate Aadi Mahotsav, a National Tribal Festival at Dilli Haat in INA in the National Capital today. It will continue till 15th of this month.
- The Tribal Affairs Ministry said, the Aadi Mahotsav – A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine and Commerce is a successful annual initiative that was commenced in 2017.
- The festival is an attempt to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, culture of the tribal communities across the country.
- The festival will comprise display and sale of tribal art & craft, medicine, cuisine & folk performances. Around 1000 tribal artisans, artists and chefs from more than 20 States will participate in it.
Important GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation (TRIFED), as the nodal agency under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, has been working to improve the income and livelihoods of the tribal people, while preserving their way of life and traditions.
4. Military seizes power in Myanmar, announces 1 year emergency
- The Myanmar Military Tatmadaw has announced a one year state of emergency in the country detaining democratically elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- The intervention followed weeks of rising tensions between the military, which ruled the country for nearly five decades and the civilian government over elections in November last year that Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy (NLD) party won.
- The Vice President Myint Swe has been made the acting President and all powers have been transferred to the Commander in Chief Min Aung Hlaing.
5. R S Sharma appointed as new CEO of Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has appointed RS Sharma as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of country’s flagship public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat, also called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- He would replace Indu Bhushan, who is serving as the Chief Executive of the Ayushman Scheme since its inception in 2018.
- RS Sharma, a former chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) would take charge of the NHA from February 1.