Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 1 March 2021 : Today GKToday Updates
1. ISRO successfully launches Brazil’s Amazonia-1 satellite, along with 18 other satellites
- The Indian Space Research Organisation on Feb 28 launched Polar Satellites Launch Vehicle- PSLV C51 carrying Amazonia-1 satellite of Brazil and 18 other satellites of USA and India from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- Amazonia-1 is the optical earth observation satellite of National Institute for Space Research. It will further help in strengthening and reinforcing the existing structure by providing remote sensing data in order to monitor deforestation in the Amazon region.
- This is also the first commercial mission of New Space India Limited, a company of the Indian government under the Department of Space.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Indian Space Research Organisation is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru. It operates under Department of Space.
Director: K Sivan
2. PM Modi to inaugurate ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’ on 2nd March
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’ on 2nd March through video conferencing. The three day Summit will be held till 4th of March.
- The Maritime India Summit is being organized by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways on a virtual platform.
- The Summit will visualize a roadmap for India’s Maritime sector for next decade and will work to propel India to the forefront of the Global Maritime Sector.
- Denmark is the partner country for the three-day summit.
- More than 20,000 delegates will participate & 400 projects will also be showcased in the Maritime India Summit-2021.
3. ECI announced schedule of Assembly Election in four states and one UT
- The Election Commission of India on Feb 26 announced the Assembly Election Schedule for four states and one UT- Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Puducherry.
- While Kerala, TN and Puducherry will see single-phase elections, Assam will go to polls in three phases and WB will have 8 phases.
- The results of the Assembly Election of all five states/ UT will be declared on May 2nd.
- Around 18.68 crore electors will cast their vote at 2.7 lakh polling stations in these states.
- The CEC announced the theme of the National Voter’s Day 2021: “Making our voters safe, informed and vigilant”.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering election processes in India at national and state level.
Formed: 25th January 1950
4. Indian economist Ligia Noronha appointed as Assistant Secretary-General of UN
- United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has announced the appointment of Ligia Noronha of India as Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the New York Office of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Noronha is an economist with over 30 years of international experience in the field of sustainable development.
- She has worked since 2014 as Director of UNEP’s Economy Division based in Nairobi, leading UNEP’s work on climate mitigation and energy transitions on inclusive green economies, sustainable consumption and production as well as on trade and sustainable finance.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
Headquarters: New York, United States
5. National Science Day: 28th February
- The National Science Day is celebrated on 28th February every year in India to aware people about the importance of science in the daily life of the people.
- The aim of this day is to commemorate the discovery of Raman Effect.
- The Theme for the year 2021 is – ‘Future of STI: Impact on Education Skills and Work’.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
Indian physicist Sir C V Raman discovered the Raman Effect on 28th Feb 1928 and was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 for it.