Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 1 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. Unlock-4 guidelines in COVID non-containment zones comes into effect
- The guidelines issued by the government for Unlock 4 will come into effect from today. It will remain in force till September 30.
- The Home Ministry on Saturday issued new guidelines for opening up of more activities in areas outside containment zones, as a part of Unlock 4.
- According to the guidelines, metro services across the country will resume from September 7 while schools and colleges will remain shut. The Centre has also allowed religious, political, social and sports congregations, with 100 people from September 21.
- International air travel, except as permitted by the government, will remain suspended.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. The virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or exhales.
2. Monsoon Session of the Parliament to begin from September 14 to October 1
- Monsoon Session of the Parliament will begin from 14th of September and continue till October 1. A notification issued by Lok Sabha Secretariat said that President Ram Nath Kovind has called the Lower House and Upper House to meet on 14th September at a different time on the same day, as it has been decided to stagger the sitting of the two houses due to the COVID-19 guidelines.
- Hectic preparations are underway for the session with several first-time measures because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The measures include testing of all MPs, staggered sitting of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and use of both chambers and galleries to accommodate members while following physical distancing norms.
3. Former President and Bharat Ratna Pranab Mukherjee passed away
- Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee passed away on August 31, 2020. He had undergone emergency surgery to remove a brain clot after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Pranab Mukherjee had served as the 13th President of India from 2012 till 2017.
- He was a senior leader in the Congress. His political career spanned nearly five decades with a host of ministerial portfolios including the Finance Ministry. Mukherjee had served as the Union Minister of Finance from 2009 to 2012 before he was elected President.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
He was honoured with India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna in 2019 by incumbent President Ram Nath Kovind.
4. India to receive development assistance loan worth Rs 3,500 Cr from Japan to fight COVID-19
- Japan has committed an official Development Assistance loan of 3 thousand 500 crore rupees for the COVID-19 Crisis Emergency Response Support.
- The Notes were exchanged between the Additional Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs Dr C.S. Mohapatra and Ambassador of Japan to India Suzuki Satoshi for a Health sector programme loan to fight the COVID-19 crisis.
- This programme loan aims to support India’s efforts in fighting COVID-19 and to prepare the health system to manage future epidemics and also to improve the resilience of India’s health systems against infectious diseases.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Japan International Cooperation Agency, JICA is a governmental agency that coordinates Official Development Assistance for the Government of Japan.
5. India, Russia declared joint winners of 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad
- India and Russia were declared joint winners of the 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad after the final was marred by internet disconnection. This was the first time FIDE was holding the Olympiad in an online format.
- Russia was initially declared winners after two Indian players, Nihal Sarin and Divya Deshmukh, lost out on time in the final after suffering a disconnection with the server.
- However, the international chess federation Fide’s President Arkady Dvorkovich decided to award the gold medal to both the teams.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
India had reached the finals of the FIDE Chess Olympiad for the first time