Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 12 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to inaugurate Maritime India Summit-2021 on 2nd March
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Maritime India Summit-2021 on 2nd March.
- Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways; Mansukh Mandaviya said around 20,000 delegates and 24 partner countries will join and more than 400 Projects are set to be showcased in the 2nd edition of Maritime India Summit 2021 to be held virtually from 2nd March to 4th March.
- The event is being organised by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways jointly with FICCI as Industrial Partner and EY as Knowledge Partner.
2. Assam government appoints sprinter Hima Das as DSP
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonwal announced that the state government has decided to appoint sprinter Hima Das as a DSP.
- Das had become the first Indian woman and the first-ever Indian athlete to win a gold medal in any format of a global track event at the IAAF World U20 Championships.
- Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju hailed the Assam cabinet’s decision to appoint Hima Das as DSP.
- The Assam cabinet also amended the integrated sports policy of the state for the appointment of medal winners of Olympics, Asian Games, CWG (Class 1) and World Championships senior (Class 2) officers in different departments of the state government.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CHSL Classes
Assam Capital: Dispur; Governor: Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
3. Australia’s Robert Irwin wins Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Robert Irwin, an Australian wildlife photographer has won the first prize in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award Contest.
- Robert won the award for the image titled ‘bushfire’, which is the picture of the devastating Australian Bushfire in 2020 he captured using a drone near the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve in Queensland.
- The image shows a line of fire burning in between the bushes, dividing it into parts.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Wildlife Photographer of the Year is the largest wildlife photography competition in the world, organised by the Natural History Museum.
4. India’s first ever CNG Tractor to be launched today
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will launch India’s first ever CNG Tractor today.
- It will help farmers increase their income, by lowering costs and help to create job opportunities in rural India.
- Road Transport and Highways Ministry said, the most important benefit for the farmers will be to save more than one lakh rupees annually on fuel costs which will help them to improve their livelihood and being a clean fuel; it has the lowest content of carbon and other pollutants.
- Union Ministers Dharmendra Pradhan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Parshottam Rupala and V K Singh will also be present at the launch.
5. International Day of Women and Girls in Science: 11th February
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated on 11th February every year.
- The Day is observed by UNESCO and UN-Women in collaboration with institutions and civil society partners that aim to promote women and girls in science.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Women Scientists at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19”.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
The UN General Assembly established this Day on 22nd Dec 2015, to recognize the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.