Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 16TH FEB – TODAY GK UPDATES
Arvind Kejriwal took oath as Delhi CM
- Today, AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwaltook oath as the Delhi Chief Minister for the third consecutive time at Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan amidst heavy security.
- The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, Anil Baijal administered the oath of office to the new CM.
- Arvind Kejriwal is the first Delhi Chief Minister to take oath from the Ramlila Maidan, as previously all Delhi CMs were sworn in at the Raj Niwas.
- Six cabinet ministers were also sworn in including former Deputy Delhi CM Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Kailash Gehlot, Satendra Jain, Rajendra Pal Gautam and Imran Hussain. All the six ministers were a part of the previous Delhi Cabinet.
PAN will become inoperative after March 31 if not linked with Aadhaar
- The Income Tax Department announced that the Permanent Account Number(PAN) will become inoperative if it is not linked with Aadhaar on or before March 31, 2020.
- According to the Income Tax department, there are over 58 crore PAN cardsthat are yet to be linked with the 12-digit Aadhaar card. The notification read that over 30.75 crore PANs have been linked to Aadhaar till January 27, 2020.
- Those whose PANs will become inoperative will also have to face the consequences under the IT Act for not intimating their permanent account number.
- The Supreme Court had declared Aadhaar as constitutionally valid in September 2018 and held that the 12-digit biometric ID will be mandatory for the filing of income tax returns and allotment of PAN cards.
STATIC GK for SBI Clerk online classes :
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) amended Income Tax Rules and inserted a new rule 114AAA, which includes the manner of making PAN inoperative.
Indian-origin UK Minister Alok Sharma to lead UN climate summit
- Indian-origin Alok Sharma was named the new UK Minister in charge of the crunch UN climate talks to be hosted by Britain this November.
- Agra-born Sharma has been promoted to the post of Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Cabinet reshuffle.
- He will take charge of the crucial summit ‘COP26′ as its former president was removed amid controversy just weeks ago.
Padma Shri awardee fashion designer, Wendell Rodricks passed away
- One of India’s most popular fashion designers and Padma Shri awardee, Wendell Rodricks passed away in Goa.
- Apart from being a giant in the fashion and lifestyle industry, Rodricks was an advocate for queer rights and environmental issues in India.
- He is credited with revolutionising Indian fashion and promoting it globally.
- Rodricks, one of the most popular fashion designers from Goa, was awarded a Padma Shri in 2014 and was also accorded the Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts Et Lettres by the French Ministry of Culture in 2015.
- As a designer he has been credited with reviving the Kunbi saree, worm by the indigenous Kunbi tribal women of Goa.
Milan 2020: Biggest Multilateral Naval Exercise
- Indian Navy is preparing itself for the biggest multilateral naval exercise to be conducted in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The Exercise is to be conducted under the Theme: Synergy across the Seas.
- Around 42 countries are to participate in the exercise including Russia and USA. India has not invited China to participate in the exercise.
- The exercise will act as a common platform for the commanders to exchange their challenges.
- The Multilateral exercise began in 1995 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. In 1995, only 4 countries participated. It included Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
GK TODAY UPDATES for SSC CHSL Online Classes: