Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 17 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. PM Modi to address NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) through video conferencing today.
- The 29th edition of NTLF is being organised from 17th to 19th Feb.
- It is the flagship event of the National Association of Software and Service Companies, NASSCOM.
- The theme of this year’s event is ‘Shaping the future towards a better normal’.
- The event will host 1600 participants from more than 30 countries and more than 30 products will be showcased during the three-days of brainstorming sessions.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The National Association of Software and Service Companies is an Indian non-governmental trade association and advocacy group focused mainly on Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry.
Headquarters location: New Delhi
2. RBI constitutes eight-member expert panel for strengthening Urban Co-operative Banks
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted an eight-member expert committee on Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks to examine issues and suggest a road map for strengthening the sector.
- The committee will be chaired by the former RBI Deputy Governor N. S. Vishwanathan.
- The committee will assess the regulatory measures taken by the RBI and other authorities in respect of UCBs and their impact over the last five years to identify key constraints and enablers in fulfilment of their socio-economic objective.
- It will also suggest effective measures for faster rehabilitation and resolution of UCBs and assess potential for consolidation in the sector.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee and the regulation of the Indian banking system. It also manages the country’s main payment systems and works to promote its economic development.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
3. Kiran Bedi removed as Puducherry LG; Telangana Governor given additional charge
- Kiran Bedi has been removed from the post of Puducherry Lieutenant Governor.
- In a press communiqué, Rashtrapati Bhawan said, Telangana Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan has been given additional charge as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry.
- The direction from the President comes amid the political crisis where the ruling Congress-led government has been reduced to a minority.
4. Andhra Pradesh CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy conferred Skoch CM of the Year Award
- Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has been conferred the Skoch Chief Minister of the Year award.
- The award was presented to him by the chairman, Skoch group, Sameer Kochhar at Tadepalli in Andhra Pradesh.
- The award selection was based on study of project-level outcomes in various States.
- Andhra Pradesh is a state in the south-eastern coastal region and is the seventh-largest state by area.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Classes
Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
5. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launches e-Chhawani portal
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the e-Chhawani portal.
- The portal will offer services to more than 20 lakh citizens who have been living in 62 Cantonments Boards across the country. The portal will provide online municipal services through a multi-tenancy central platform.
- The residents of the cantonment will be able to register their complaints regarding the civic issues and resolve them while sitting at home.
- The Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat was also present during the launch event.