Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 18 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. 3rd India-Australia-Japan-USA Ministerial Meeting to be held today
- The 3rd India-Australia-Japan-USA Ministerial Meeting will be held today with participation of the respective Foreign Ministers.
- The meeting will provide an opportunity to continue the useful exchange of views from their last meeting in Tokyo in October last year.
- Foreign Ministers of India, Australia, Japan and US will meet today to discuss free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
- They will also discuss ongoing efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, addressing global climate change and other issues of mutual interest.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue is an informal strategic forum between the United States, Japan, Australia and India that is maintained by semi-regular summits, information exchanges and military drills between member countries.
2. 15 states successfully complete Ease of Doing Business reforms
- 15 states have so far successfully completed the Ease of Doing Business reforms.
- The Finance Ministry informed that three more states- Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Gujarat have completed the reforms.
- On receiving the recommendation from DPIIT- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, the Expenditure Department granted permission to these 3 states for raising additional financial resources of Rs. 9,905 crores through Open market Borrowings.
- The Ease of Doing Business is a significant indicator of the business climate which is investor friendly in the country.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
Earlier; Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana had also reported completion of this reform.
3. India joins Russia-Iran’s two-day naval exercise
- India has joined Iran and Russia in a two-day navy exercise called as ‘Iran-Russia Maritime Security Belt 2021’.
- The naval exercise is taking place in the northern part of the Indian Ocean.
- The drill will be covering an area of 17,000 sq km and it will include the air targets, shooting at sea, liberating the hijacked ships as well as the rescue and search and anti-piracy operations.
4. Indian-origin Preeti Sinha appointed as head of United Nations Capital Development Fund
- The UN Capital Development Fund has appointed Indian-origin investment and development banker Preeti Sinha as its Executive Secretary, the highest leadership rank in the institution.
- Sinha will work with a focus on providing micro-finance assistance to women, youth, small and medium-sized enterprises in under-served communities.
- The New York-based United Nations Capital Development Fund is an autonomous UN organization affiliated with UNDP.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Classes
The UN Capital Development Fund makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries.
Headquarters location: New York, United States
5. Union Cabinet approves production-linked incentive scheme for telecom sector
- The Union Cabinet has approved a production-linked incentive scheme for the telecom sector.
- Electronic and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said, the production-linked incentive worth Rs 12,195 Crore has been cleared for the telecom sector and it will create 40 thousand direct and indirect employment.
- Production Linked Incentive Scheme intends to promote manufacture of Telecom and Networking Products in India and proposes a financial incentive to boost domestic manufacturing and attract investments in the target segments of telecom and networking products in order to encourage Make in India.