Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 2 March 2021 : Today GKToday Updates
1. Golden Globe Awards 2021: Complete list of winners
- The 78th Golden Globe Awards ceremony held virtually this year due to the pandemic.
- The awards were co-hosted by Amy Poehler and Tina Fey for the fourth time.
- Nomadland won the Best Motion Picture – Drama award and the Best Director award went to its director Chloé Zhao.
- Chadwick Boseman was posthumously honoured with the Golden Globe award for Best Actor in a Motion Picture — Drama for his portrayal of Levee Green in ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’.
- The Crown, which had received the highest nominations for any television series this year, won in four categories.
2. PM Modi to receive global energy and environment leadership award
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be honoured with the CERAWeek global energy and environment leadership award during an annual international energy conference.
- The PM will also deliver the keynote address at the CERAWeek Conference-2021, which is being held virtually from March 1 to 5th.
- The CERAWeek annual international conference is a gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policy makers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities, and energy technology innovators.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The year 2021 marks the 39th edition of the conference and this will be the first time that it will be held virtually.
3. Thaawarchand Gehlot to launch “Sugamya Bharat App” today
- Minister for Social justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot will virtually launch “Sugamya Bharat App” and a handbook entitled “Access – The Photo Digest” today.
- Sugamya Bharat App is a means for sensitising and enhancing accessibility. It provides for five main features of which four are directly related to enhancing accessibility.
- The handbook is envisaged as a tool and guide to sensitise stakeholders about 10 basic features of accessibility and related good-bad practices in easy to understand pictorial form.
4. Jal Shakti Ministry to launch 100-day campaign to promote water conservation
- PM Modi informed that the Jal Shakti Ministry of the Central govt will launch a 100-day campaign called ‘Catch the Rain’ in order to promote water conservation all over the country.
- He made the statement while addressing this year’s second ‘Mann ki Baat’ radio programme and highlighted the significance of water conservation.
- Ministry of Jal Shakti is a ministry under Govt of India which was formed in May 2019 by merging of two ministries; Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
Cabinet Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5. Indian Women’s League 2020-21 to be hosted in Odisha
- The All India Football Federation (AIIF) confirms Odisha as the venue for the forthcoming Hero Indian Women’s League 2020-21 edition.
- This is the fifth edition of Indian Women’s League, the top division women’s league in India.
- The Odisha government is a strategic partner of the AIFF (All India Football Federation) as it provides the necessary infrastructure to various men and women age-group teams.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
The All India Football Federation is the governing body of association football in India.
President of AIFF: Praful Patel