Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 26 Feb 2021 : Today GKToday Updates
PM Modi to inaugurate second Khelo India National Winter Games today
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver the inaugural address at the 2nd Khelo India National Winter Games today through video conferencing.
- The Games will begin tomorrow and will continue till 2nd of March.
- The event has been organised by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in collaboration with the Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council and the Winter Games Association of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The sports activities will include Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, Snowboarding, Ski mountaineering, Ice hockey, Ice skating etc.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
27 States and UTs are sending their teams to participate in the games.
Centre Launches National Urban Digital Mission to create Digital Infra for Cities
- The Union Housing & Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and Minister of Electronics & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the ‘National Urban Digital Mission’ (NUDM) with an aim to create a digital infrastructure for cities in India.
- The NUDM has been launched jointly by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs along with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The mission aims to put in place a “citizen-centric” and “ecosystem-driven” approach to ‘urban governance and service delivery’ in cities by 2022, and across all cities and towns by 2024.
- The mission has three pillars – people, process, and platform.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Coaching For SSC CGL
Other initiatives such as the Smart Cities 2.0 website, India Urban Data Exchange- IUDX, Geospatial Information Management System- GMIS, and SmartCode were also launched during the event.
Centre issues guidelines for OTT, online streaming and social media platforms
- The Government issued guidelines and digital media ethics code for Over The Top (OTT), online streaming and social media platforms.
- As per the guidelines, social media platforms have to remove content involving nudity and morphed pictures of women within 24 hrs to ensure online safety and dignity of users.
- A grievance redressal mechanism for receiving and resolving complaints from the users or victims will be put in place.
- Releasing the Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code Rules 2021; Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said the Social Media Intermediaries will have to appoint a Chief Compliance Officer who will be responsible for ensuring compliance of rules.
2nd edition of Global Bio-India to be organised from 1st to 3rd March
- The second edition of Global Bio-India will be organised from 1st to 3rd March to showcase the strength and opportunities of the India’s biotechnology sector at national level and to the global community.
- The theme for this year is Transforming lives and tag line Biosciences to Bioeconomy.
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan will inaugurate the event virtually.
- Global Bio-India 2021 is expected to have representatives from more than 50 countries with Switzerland being the partner country and Karnataka as its state partner.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
The first edition of Global Bio-India 2019 which was organized in New Delhi was a huge success that saw participation from over 25 plus countries.
R Ashwin becomes fourth highest wicket-taker for India
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin with 603 international wickets became the fourth highest wicket-taker for India.
- He surpassed Zaheer Khan’s tally of 597 international wickets and climb to the fourth spot on the list of Indian bowlers with the most wickets in international cricket.
- Ashwin now has 603 wickets across all formats and is only behind former skipper Anil Kumble (953), spinner Harbhajan Singh (707), and Kapil Dev (687).
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Preparation Classes
He also became the second-fastest bowler to take 400 Test wickets (after Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan); fourth Indian to achieve this feat.