Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 27 August 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. India, Bangladesh to open new trade connectivity route on September 3
- India and Bangladesh have decided to open a new trade route to promote regional connectivity by expanding the scope of inland water transport mechanisms that will enable trade boost.
- On September 3, a Bangladeshi vessel will transport a cargo of cement to Tripura as part of the efforts to boost connectivity between the two countries. The vessel will be carrying 50 metric tonnes of cement from Premier Cement Ltd. of Bangladesh.
- The route which will be connecting Sonamura in Tripura to Daudkandi in Bangladesh has been operationalised under the agreement signed by the two countries in May 2020 to boost riverine trade.
2. Govt approves 78 new routes under Regional Connectivity Scheme- UDAN
- The Government has approved 78 new routes under the 4th round of Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik, (UDAN) to further enhance the connectivity to remote and regional areas of the country.
- Under UDAN 4, the operation of helicopter and seaplanes is also been incorporated.
- The Civil Aviation Ministry said, North East Region, Hilly States and Islands have been given priority in the approval process for the new routes.
- Since its inception, Civil Aviation Ministry has operationalised 274 UDAN routes that have connected 45 airports and three heliports.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Overall 766 routes have been sanctioned so far under the scheme.
3. Vande Bharat Mission Phase 6 to begin on Sept. 1
- Phase Six of the Vande Bharat Mission is scheduled to begin from 1st of September.
- Phase Five of the Mission will be over on 31st August. Around 900 international flights have been operated under Phase Five from 22 different countries reaching 23 airports across India.
- External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said flights are being rescheduled by Air India group and private carriers based on an assessment of demand by Indian missions abroad.
- He said air bubble arrangements with different countries will continue as per schedule in the next phase.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
More than 12 lakh Indians stranded abroad have been repatriated by different modes under the Vande Bharat mission.
4. Jeff Bezos becomes first person in the world to hit a net worth of $200 billion
- Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos became the first person in the world to hit a net worth of $200 billion.
- Even amid the COVID-19 pandemic that affected the businesses and economies, the stocks of the e-commerce platform continue to soar.
- Amazon’s share price on August 26 climbed 2.3% to $3,423 per share, which helped Jeff Bezos enter the $200 million net worth territory.
- The Amazon founder also owns the American newspaper Washington Post, Blue Origin, an aerospace company, and also has a host of other private investments.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
Jeff Bezos had founded Amazon in 1994 in his garage in Seattle and has now turned it into a behemoth that dominates online retail globally.
5. Government to sell up to 15 percent stake in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- The central government has decided to sell up to 15 percent stake in Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) through an offer for sale (OFS). The floor price has been fixed at Rs 1,001 per share.
- The Government has proposed to sell 3,34,38,750 equity shares of the company which constitutes 10 percent paid-up share capital of the company, with an option to sell additional 5 percent stake
- The sale is expected to fetch the exchequer around Rs 5,000 crore.
- The government owns an 89.97 percent stake in Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL), which was listed in March 2018.
GKToday Updates For Online banking coaching:
The Government has set a disinvestment target of Rs 2.10 lakh crore for the fiscal year 2020-21.