Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 28 Nov 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. PM to visit Ahmedabad, Hyderabad & Pune today to review COVID-19 vaccine development & manufacturing process
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will embark on a three city visit today to personally review the COVID-19 vaccine development and manufacturing process.
- He will visit the Zydus Biotech Park in Ahmedabad, Bharat Biotech in Hyderabad and Serum Institute of India in Pune.
- He will discuss with the concerned officials about the overall supply and distribution system after the successful testing of the vaccine.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. The virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through droplets generated when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or exhales.
2. Finance Minister holds 5th review meeting on capital expenditure of CPSEs
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman holds a video conference with Secretaries of the Ministries of Power, Mines and Department of Atomic Energy and the CMDs of 10 Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) of these Ministries, to review the capital expenditure in this financial year.
- This was 5th in the ongoing series of meetings that the Finance Minister held with various stakeholders to accelerate the economic growth in the background of COVID – 19 pandemic.
- While reviewing the performance of CPSEs, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that CAPEX by CPSEs is a critical driver of economic growth and need to be scaled up for the fiscal year 2020-21 and 2021-22.
- She encouraged the CPSEs to perform better to achieve targets and to ensure that the capital outlay provided to them for the year 2020-21 is spent properly and within time.
3. Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train Project: NHSRCL, L&T sign biggest infrastructure contract worth Rs 24000 crore
- The National High Speed Rail Corporation (NHSRCL) signed the country’s largest ever government-funded civil contract worth Rs 24,000 crore with infrastructure major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) for the Ahmedabad-Mumbai bullet train project.
- Under the contract, the National High Speed Rail Corporation has awarded work for 325 km falling in Gujarat to Larsen and Toubro.
- The Mumbai–Ahmedabad Bullet Train Project is a high-speed rail corridor that will connect Ahmedabad in Gujarat to Mumbai in Maharashtra.
- This will be India’s first high-speed rail line when completed. The project was approved by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a meeting with the chairman of the High Speed Rail Corporation of India in May 2014.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
PM Narendra Modi along with his Japanese Counterpart Shinzo Abe had laid the foundation stone of the project in Ahmedabad on September 14, 2017.
4. Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launches India Climate Change Knowledge Portal
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar launched the India Climate Change Knowledge Portal.
- The portal will have all the major steps the Government is taking at both national and international levels to address the climate change issues.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Javadekar said, it will be a single-point information resource that provides information on the different climate initiatives taken by various Line Ministries enabling users to access the status on these initiatives.
5. Father of Indian IT Industry FC Kohli passes away
- Father of Indian IT Industry Faqir Chand Kohli passed away due to a heart attack at his residence. He was 96.
- FC Kohli is known to have led the inception of the global tech behemoth TCS, thereby sowing the seed of India’s IT industry. Kohli’s pioneering journey in the IT sector began when he joined Tata Electric, which is now Tata Power in 1951.
- Kohli is also known to have played an important role in the advancement of technical education in the country.
- He was also the President and Chairman of the Indian IT services body NASSCOM between 1995 and 1996.
Important GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
TCS is currently the world’s third-largest IT services company, contributing more than 70% to the Tata Group’s profits. It is also the largest Indian IT services company by market capitalization and the most valuable company within the Tata group as of 2020.
6. UNDP, Invest India launch SDG Investor Map for India
- UNDP and Invest India have jointly launched the SDG Investor Map for India which has identified 18 Investment Opportunities Areas in six critical SDG enabling sectors that can help India push its Sustainable Development efforts.
- According to Invest India CEO & MD Deepak Bagla, India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs globally and the ‘SDG Investor Map for India’ will be an instrumental stride in India’s development trajectory.
- SDG Investor Map comes at a critical time for India, as the financing gap for the SDGs in India has only widened further with the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Among the identified 18 investment opportunities areas (IOAs), 10 are already mature investable areas that have seen strong private equity and venture capital activity. The remaining 8 IOAs are emerging opportunities, which have received attention from early-stage investors.
Important GKToday Updates For Online Classes For SSC CGL
The United Nations Development Programme promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
Headquarters: New York, United States
Suggested current affairs :
GKToday Updates : 27 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
GKToday Updates : 26 Nov 2020 Daily Current Affairs
Click for the weekly current affairs quiz