Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 28th MAY 2020 : GK UPDATES
1. COVID-19 negative certificate mandatory for people entering Goa
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant released a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all the domestic passengers who will be arriving by rail, air, or road to the state.
- He stated that COVID-19 negative certificate is mandatory for the people who want to enter the state and go to their homes.
- CM said that only those who will bring an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) approved COVID-19 negative certificate will be allowed to enter the state.
- The certificate must have been issued within 48 hours prior to the arrival.
- Goa Chief Minister also mentioned that it is the only state that has conducted 13,000 COVID-19 tests on all the people who have entered the borders.
- He also informed that the tourists have not been invited to Goa and not a single hotel is operational in the state.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
GOA – Also known as the Pearl of the East/Orient;
Governor: Satya Pal Malik
2. Japan lifts nationwide emergency completely
– Japan has completely lifted the nationwide emergency imposed following the Coronavirus pandemic.
– Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe announced that the emergency will be lifted in the remaining five prefectures including Tokyo.
– He warned that a state of emergency can be re-imposed if the infection starts spreading rapidly again.
– Japanese government had declared the state of emergency for Tokyo and six neighbouring prefectures in early April and later expanded it to cover the entire country.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
JAPAN – Capital: Tokyo; Currency; Japanese yen; Prime Minister: Shinzō Abe
3. Parliament’s Monsoon Session to convene soon
– Parliament’s Monsoon session is likely to convene soon following the social distancing protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
– The two houses of the Parliament, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha are likely to sit on alternate days.
– The Monsoon session of the Parliament is generally held at the end of July. Now the government is planning to begin the session at the end of August in the central hall of Parliament.
– The centre is also expected to put into place various safety measures including regular checking of temperature through hand-held devices.
The MPs may be allowed to watch the proceedings live and participate in the discussion online. The government is looking to develop software to help them in remote attendance.
– As per the Indian constitution, the Parliament has to be convened once in at least six months.
4. Uttarakhand burning since 4 days, nearly 50 acres of land destroyed
– Uttarakhand has been burning since 4 days, as per individual accounts on social media.
– This is the second major tragedy to hit India in less than 10 days after Cyclone Amphan caused widespread destruction in Indian states of West Bengal and Odisha last week.
– Over 50 hectares of land have already been destroyed by the forest fires, as per the tweets. While around 21 instances of forest fires were reported from Kumaon region alone, Garhwal has also reported around 16 incidents.
– The state government of Uttarakhand is yet to confirm the wildfires.
– Uttarakhand has overall witnessed around 46 wildfires since the beginning of 2020, causing great danger to the state’s forest land and wildlife species residing the areas.
5. Aarogya Setu app becomes Open Source
– India’s Aarogya Setu app, which is used for COVID-19 contact tracing, has now made an open source by Govt to show its commitment towards the core design principles of Araogya Setu- which are transparency, privacy and security.
– Making the Aarogya Setu app open source means that the government will publish it on a public code repository and release the source code in the public domain.
– India will release the code for the Android version of its contact tracing app Aarogya Setu on open-source code repository Github.
– Govt said all subsequent updates will be made open-source through this repository.
– On 2nd April 2020, India launched Aarogya Setu App for helping augment efforts of limiting spread of COVID19, with an objective of enabling Bluetooth based contact tracing, mapping of likely hotspots & dissemination of relevant information about COVID19.
– The government also rolled out a bug bounty programme, promising a reward of ₹1 lakh for those who discover bugs or loopholes in the app.
STATIC GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
The Aarogya Setu mobile App was launched by the government on April 2, 2020 to boost efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
6. PM Modi pays tributes to former PM Jawaharlal Nehru on his death anniversary
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru on his 56th death anniversary on 27th May.
– One of the principal leaders of the Indian freedom struggle along with Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru became the first prime minister of the country after Independence, a post which he held till his death. He died at the age of 74.
– Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru is known as an Architect of Modern India.
– He was born in Allahabad (now Prayagraj) on November 14, 1889. He died in Delhi on May 27, 1964.