Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 30 Dec 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. President Ram Nath Kovind to confer Digital India Awards 2020 today
- President Ram Nath Kovind will virtually confer the Digital India Awards 2020 through video conferencing today. Union IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad will also be present on the occasion.
- Bihar has won the Digital India Award 2020 for the initiatives undertaken by the state during COVID-19 lockdown such as reaching out to its citizens & providing different kinds of assistance including transferring money to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- National Informatics Centre under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology gives the biennial Digital India Awards to promote innovation in eGovernance and digital transformation of government service delivery mechanism.
2. PM Modi inaugurates New Bhaupur-New Khurja stretch of Eastern Freight Corridor
- Prime Minister Modi virtually inaugurated the New Khurja- New Bhaupur section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor- EDFC.
- During the event, Prime Minister also inaugurated the Operation Control Centre of EDFC at Prayagraj.
- Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath, Governor of Uttar Pradesh Anandiben Patel and Union Minister Piyush Goyal were also present to attend the inauguration.
- The 351-km section, which has been built at a cost of Rs 5,750 crore, will open new avenues for local industries in Uttar Pradesh.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited is a Public Sector Undertaking corporation run by the Government of India’s Ministry of Railways to undertake planning, development, and mobilisation of financial resources and construction, maintenance and operation of the “Dedicated Freight Corridors”.
3. Dr Harsh Vardhan releases report – Action Agenda for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat
- Science and Technology Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has released the report – Action Agenda for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat prepared by Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) in New Delhi.
- Speaking on the occasion, Dr Harsh Vardhan said the ideas contained in the report should be taken forward with the implementing agencies.
- The comprehensive report on Action Agenda for an Atma Nirbhar Bharat is a consequential follow-up of the TIFAC’s White Paper on Focused Interventions for Make in India: post COVID -19 which was released earlier in July this year.
4. Cristiano Ronaldo wins ‘Player of the Century’ at Globe Soccer Awards
- Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo has won the ‘Player of the Century’ award at the Globe Soccer Awards.
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and former player Ronaldinho were also in the race to bag the accolade but the Portuguese outclassed all to clinch the award.
- Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski won the Player of the Year award.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola won the Coach of the Century award. Spanish giants Real Madrid won the Club of the Century award during the event.
5. Centre lifts ban on export of all varieties of Onions from 1st Jan
- The Central govt has lifted the ban on the export of all varieties of Onions with effect from 1st January 2021.
- In a notification Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) said, exports of all varieties of onion will be allowed.
- In September, the government had prohibited exports due to a spurt in prices.
Important GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching classes:
The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) is the agency of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry of the Government of India responsible for administering laws regarding foreign trade and foreign investment in India.