Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS – 30th MAY 2020 : GK UPDATES
International Day of UN Peacekeepers: May 29
- Every year, the United Nations celebrates International Day of UN Peacekeepers on May 29.
- This year the day is being celebrated under the theme Women in Peacekeeping: A key to Peace.
- The International Day of UN Peacekeepers is celebrated to honour more than 3,900 peacekeepers that lost their lives serving under the United Nations.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
The first UN Peace Keeping mission was established on May 29, 1948. The Peace keeping mission was established to monitor the Armistice Agreement that was signed between Israel and Arab.
22nd Financial Stability and Development Council meeting chaired by Finance Minister
- The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired Financial Stability and Development Council meet.
- The meeting reviewed current domestic and global economic situation, financial vulnerabilities issues, liquidity of Micro financial institutions, Non- Banking Financial corporations, regulatory responses, etc.
- The financial stability and development council is an apex body constituted by GoI. The Council deals with issues such as financial sector development, financial stability, inter-regulatory coordination, financial inclusion, and financial literacy.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
The Council was set up in 2010 by the then Finance Minister Pranab Mukerjee.
Lok Sabha Speaker nominates 15 MPs to delimitation panel on J&K, four north-eastern states
- The Lok Sabha Speaker has nominated 15 MPs as associate members of the delimitation panel on Jammu and Kashmir and north-eastern state.
- The nominated MPs belong to Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland. They will assist the panel in redrawing parliamentary and assembly constituencies of J&K and the north-eastern states.
- The 15 MPs include two Union ministers Kiren Rijiju and Jitendra Singh and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah.
STATIC GK For SBI Clerk 2020 :
The delimitation panel will delimit the constituencies of Jammu and Kashmir in accordance with the provisions of the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act and that of Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh in accordance with the provisions of the Delimitation Act, 2002.
First of its Kind State Health Register to be launched by Karnataka Government
- The Karnataka State Government announced that it will launch a “State Health Register” to collect data of all its citizens. The register is first of its kind in the country.
- The register will hold names of all the citizens of the state. The need to maintain such a register has been raised by COVID-19. The project is to be launched from Chikkaballapur district in Karnataka.
- The survey is to be conducted through ASHA workers, educational department staffs, staffs in primary health centre and revenue officials.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Exams
Karnataka Chief Minister: B. S. Yediyurappa; Capital: Bengaluru
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
SEBI imposes a penalty of Rs 7Lakh on NHAI
- Capital markets regulator SEBI imposed a penalty of Rs 7 lakh on the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for delay in making timely disclosure about financial results.
- The regulator had earlier advised NHAI for strict compliance with the LODR (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirement) Regulations in future.
- However, despite the advisory by SEBI, NHAI did not submit the financial results on time with respect to the half year ending on September 30, 2018 and March 31, 2019. The results were submitted with a delay of 19 days and 78 days, respectively.
SEBI Founded: 12 April 1992; Headquarters: Mumbai; Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
China will launch its first Mars mission, the ‘Tianwen-1’ in July
- In July, China will launch its first Mars mission, the ‘Tianwen-1’, which is expected to land on the Red Planet’s surface in the first quarter of 2021.
- Tianwen-1, an all-in-one orbiter, lander and rover will search the Martian surface for water, ice, investigate soil characteristics, and study the atmosphere, among other objectives.
- The success of the mission will make China the third country to achieve a Mars landing after the USSR and the United States.
- The Chinese mission is expected to take off in late July, around the same time when NASA is launching its own Mars mission– the ambitious ‘Perseverance’ which aims to collect Martian samples and bring them back to Earth in a two-part campaign.
President: Xi Jinping; Capital: Beijing