Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
7th July Current Affairs
1. PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate Asia’s largest Solar Power Plant on July 10
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to inaugurate Asia’s largest solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa district on 10th July, 2020. The announcement was made by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
– PM Narendra Modi will be dedicating the 750 MW ultra mega solar power plant to the nation through video conferencing.
– The Union Minister for Power and Renewable Energy RK Singh will also be attending the inauguration of the massive power plant.
Static GK FOR IBPS RRB Online Classes:
Spread over 1,590 acres of land, it is one of the largest single-site solar power plants in Asia.
2. India, Afghanistan inks 5 MoUs for the development of educational infrastructure
– India and Afghanistan signed five Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) for the development of educational infrastructure in 4 provinces of Afghanistan namely Farah, Nooristan, Kapisa, Badakhshan.
– The five MoUs were signed by Indian Ambassador Vinay Kumar, Higher Education Minister Abdul Tawab Balakarzai, Afghan Economy Minister Mustafa Mastoor, and Deputy Education Minister Abdul Subhan Raouf.
– As per the Indian embassy, the government of India remains committed to taking forward the India-Afghanistan Development Partnership based on the people of Afghanistan and the national priorities of the government.
Static GK For IBPS RRB 2020:
Afghanistan Capital: Kabul; President: Ashraf Ghani; Currency: Afghan Afghani
3. CBSE partners with Facebook to launch free training program for teachers, students
– The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has partnered with Facebook to launch a free and comprehensive training program for teachers and students of its affiliated schools.
– The program will cover teacher training on augmented reality and student training on digital safety and online well- being.
– The training program will be of three weeks in which 10 thousand teachers will be trained on augmented reality while 10 thousand students will be trained on digital safety and well-being.
The participants will also receive a joint e- certificate from CBSE and Facebook on successful completion of the course.
Today GK Updates for SSC CHSL Online Exams
CBSE Chairperson: Manoj Ahuja
4. Over one crore COVID-19 tests performed in India since pandemic outbreak
– India has achieved a remarkable feat by performing more than one crore COVID-19 tests since the outbreak of Corona pandemic.
– Starting from less than 100 tests per day, a multiple-fold increase in a few months was made possible by dedicated teams of various stakeholders including research institutions, medical colleges, testing laboratories, Ministries, airlines and postal services.
– During the last 24 hours, more than 3 lakh 46 thousand COVID samples have been tested in the country.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL Exams
In January this year, India had only one testing laboratory for COVID-19 at National Institute of Virology, Pune. Today, more than 11 hundred government and private laboratories chains are there.
5. India and China agree on complete disengagement of troops along the LAC
– National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi discussed border issues in a telephone conversation and had a frank and in-depth exchange of views on the recent developments on the India-China border areas.
– The EAM said that the two Special Representatives agreed that both the sides should take guidance from the consensus of the leaders that maintenance of peace and tranquility in the border areas was essential for the further development of bilateral relations.
– Therefore, they agreed that it was necessary to ensure at the earliest complete disengagement of the troops along the LAC and de-escalation from India-China border areas.
Today GK Updates for SSC CGL 2020 Exams
China Capital: Beijing; President: Xi Jinping
6. Indian Railways to transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030
– Indian Railways is taking decisive steps to transform itself as a ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030. It is endeavouring to be self reliant for its energy needs by utilising its vacant land for renewable energy projects.
– Railway is committed to utilize solar energy for meeting its traction power requirements and become a complete ‘Green mode of transformation. The Railways Ministry has decided to install solar power plants on its vacant unused lands on mega scale.
– The present demand of Railways would be fulfilled by the solar projects being deployed, making it the first transport organization to be energy self-sufficient. This would help in making Railways green as well as Atma Nirbhar.