Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 8 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. India-US joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 20’ began today in Rajasthan
- The India-US joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas 20” began today in Mahajan Field Firing Range of Bikaner district in Rajasthan.
- This is the 16th edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both the armies. It will continue till the 21st of this month.
- About 250 US and 250 Indian army soldiers are participating in the exercise. Both the armies will share their war-related techniques, skills and experience with each other during this exercise.
- This exercise is another step in the growing military cooperation between the two countries, which shows the growth in Indo-US relations.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
The previous version of the joint exercise was held at Seattle in the United States.
2. RBI’s Monetary Policy Review: Repo rate unchanged at 4%
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Monetary Policy Committee voted unanimously to keep the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 percent.
- They decided to continue its accommodative stance as long as necessary, at least in the current financial year and into the next year to revive growth on a durable basis and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 while ensuring that inflation remains within target while going forward.
- The marginal standing facility rate and the bank rate also remain unchanged at 4.25 percent, the reverse repo rate remains unchanged at 3.35 percent.
- The real GDP growth has been projected at 10.5 percent in 2021-22.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank, responsible for the issue and supply of the Indian rupee and the regulation of the Indian banking system.
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
3. PM Modi dedicates to nation 4 infrastructure projects worth Rs 4,700 crore at Haldia
- PM Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation four infrastructure projects worth 4,700 crore rupees at Haldia in West Bengal.
- He laid the foundation stone of the second Catalytic-Isodewaxing Unit at the Haldia refinery of Indian Oil Corporation Limited. He also inaugurated three projects including Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited BPCL’s LPG Import Terminal, GAIL’s Dobhi-Durgapur Natural Gas Pipeline and NHAI’s four lane road overbridge cum flyover at Ranichak.
- The Prime Minister said that gas-based economy is the need of the hour for the country and one nation-one gas grid is an important step for meeting this need.
- India is among the highest gas consuming nations.
4. Jammu and Kashmir govt restores 4G mobile Internet service in entire Union Territory
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has restored 4G mobile Internet service in the entire Union Territory.
- The 4G internet services remained curtailed in Jammu and Kashmir since August 5, 2019 after the central government revoked Article 370 of the Constitution and split the state into Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- The Jammu and Kashmir government has also ordered revocation of restrictions on the fixed landline internet connectivity.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Classes
The low-speed or 2G Internet service on mobile phones was restored on 25th January, 2020.
5. Himachal Pradesh becomes first State to implement e-cabinet
- Himachal Pradesh has become first State in the country to make the end to end processing of the cabinet paperless by implementing e-cabinet application.
- Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurated first e-cabinet at Shimla.
- The entire process from initiation of a cabinet memo, approval of the cabinet memo through concerned Secretary, Chief Secretary, concerned Minister and finally by Chief Minister to place in the cabinet has been made online.
- It will also be possible to monitor the status of implementation of cabinet decision more effectively through this application.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking Coaching:
Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya