Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 8th March 2020
1. India, US sign Rs 1200 crore deal for protection system of new VVIP aircraft
- India and the United States have signed a Rs 1200 crore deal for acquiring new Boeing VVIP planes equipped with missile protection suites with the capability to fend off any missile attacks for the President and the Prime Minister.
- The new aircraft will be used for both international and domestic visits of the President and Prime Minister. The aircraft will be flown by Indian Air Force pilots who are getting trained in India by Air India which already operates the Boeing 777 in its fleet.
- The two planes are expected to arrive in India by the middle of 2020 to begin the VVIP duties.
GKToday For SSC Exams
US Capital: Washington, President: Donald Trump
2. Times of India Sports Awards (TOISA) 2019 function held in New Delhi
- World champion shuttler and Rio Olympic silver medalist PV Sindhu was named Sportsperson of the Year at the fourth Times of India Sports Awards (TOISA) 2019 in New Delhi. Sindhu, who won the world championship gold at Basel, Switzerland, last year also bagged the Unbreakable Spirit of Sports award.
- Former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia was given the Lifetime Achievement award, while hockey legend and three-time Olympic gold medalist Balbir Singh Sr was honoured with the Icon of the Century award.
- National badminton coach Pulella Gopichand won the Mentor of the Year award, while former shooter Jaspal Rana was recognised as the Coach of the Year.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Times of India is the third-largest newspaper in India by circulation and the second-largest selling English-language daily in the world according to Audit Bureau of Circulations.
Editor-in-chief: Jaideep Bose (Print); Rajesh Kalra (Online)
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
3. Jan Aushadhi Divas: 7th March
- Jan Aushadhi Divas (Generic Medicine Day) is observed on March 07 to create awareness about the use of generic medicines. It started on March 07, 2019. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the Jan Aushadhi Divas ceremony through a video conferencing on this day.
- Various programs and celebrations were organized at all Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) centers to create awareness about the scheme. These programs included the participation of doctors, health experts, non-governmental organizations and beneficiaries.
- The prices of high-quality medicines are being reduced by the government below the market price under this scheme. ‘Jan Aushadhi Stores’ has been set up by the government, where generic medicines are being made available.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Four major stores have been opened in Delhi, Guwahati, Bangalore, and Chennai, to ensure adequate availability of public health medicines at all PMBJP centers.
3. Over 1 lakh confirmed cases of coronavirus reported globally: WHO
- World Health Organisation has said that more than one lakh confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus have been reported globally.
- WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic said, out of one lakh one thousand 827 confirmed cases, 3,484 patients have died world over. On Friday, WHO had urged governments across the globe to step-up their fight against COVID-19.
- WHO Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus had said that novel coronavirus is spreading 17 times faster outside China. He had also pointed out that several nations are not taking requisite measures to contain the virus.
Current Affairs 2020 for SBI CLERK Exams
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
4. International Women’s Day: 8th March
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on the 8th of March every year to help forge a gender equal world, celebrate women’s achievements and increasing visibility.
- The theme of this year Women’s Day is “I am Generation Equality: Realizing Women’s Rights”. Women world over are still not paid equally to that of their male counterparts, and are still not present in equal numbers in business or politics. However, a significant change has been witnessed and there is an attitudinal shift in both women’s and society’s thoughts about women’s equality and emancipation.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will give away Nari Shakti Puraskar at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI PO Exams
The National Award is given annually to individuals, groups, and institutions in recognition of their exceptional work towards the cause of women empowerment, especially for vulnerable and marginalized women.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 7th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 6th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.