Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 9 Feb 2021 : GKToday Updates
1. PM to inaugurate World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 on Feb 10
- PM Modi will inaugurate the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 on 10th February via video conferencing.
- The theme of the summit is ‘Redefining Our Common Future: Safe and Secure Environment for All’.
- The 20th edition of The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) flagship event- the World Sustainable Development Summit will be held online from 10th to 12th February.
- The summit will bring together a wide number of govts, business leaders, academicians, climate scientists, youth and the civil society in the fight against climate change.
- Energy and industry transition, adaptation and resilience, nature based solutions, climate finance, circular economy, clean oceans and air pollution, are amongst the range of topics to be discussed during the summit.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking preparation:
President of Guyana; Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali, Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea; James Marape, Speaker of the People’s Majlis of Maldives; Mohamed Nasheed, Deputy Secretary General, United Nations; Amina J. Mohammed and Union Minister of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change; Prakash Javadekar will be present on the occasion.
2. Centre allocates Rs 16,000 cr for PM Fasal Bima Yojana
- Government has allocated 16000 crore rupees for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana for 2021-22 to boost the safety of farmers’ crops.
- Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Ministry said, there is a budgetary increase of around 305 crore rupees as against the previous fiscal year 2020-21 and it will ensure maximum benefit of crop insurance reaches to farmers.
- The scheme extends coverage for the entire cropping cycle from pre-sowing to post-harvest including coverage for losses arising out of prevented sowing and mid-season adversities.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC Classes
Government had approved this flagship crop insurance scheme, five years ago on 13th January 2016.
3. Rajya Sabha passes Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- Rajya Sabha passed The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- It will replace Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation (Amendment) Ordinance of 2021 which merged the Jammu and Kashmir cadre of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Forest Service with the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territory cadre also known as AGMUT cadre.
- The President had promulgated the ordinance last month to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019.
4. RBI releases Annual Report of Ombudsman Schemes for 2019-20
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the Annual Report of the Ombudsman Schemes for the year 2019-20.
- There was an increase of around 65 percent in the receipt of complaints out of which almost 92 percent have been disposed of.
- RBI has three Ombudsmen- Banking, Non-Banking Finance Company (i.e. NBFC) and digital transactions.
- As per the RBI’s report, all three received in total 3,30,543 complaints in 19-20 as compared to 2,00,362 in 18-19.
- In the recently announced Monetary Policy Statement, the three Ombudsman Schemes are being merged and integrated into a single scheme which will be rolled out from June this year.
Important GKToday Updates For Online SSC CGL Classes
Banking Ombudsman received major complaints regarding ATM & Debit Cards, Mobile & Electronic Banking while NBFC’s Ombudsmen received most complaints about non-observance of regulatory guidelines, lack of transparency in contract/ loan agreement and levy of charges without notice.
Digital Transactions Ombudsmen received most complaints about fund transfer.
5. Ishant Sharma becomes third Indian pacer to take 300 wickets in Test Cricket
- Ishant Sharma became the third Indian pacer to take 300 wickets in the test cricket format.
- He reached the milestone after taking the wicket of Dan Lawrence on the fourth day of the ongoing India vs England test match at the MA Chidambaram Stadium. This is Ishant’s 98th Test match.
- The only other two Indian pacers to have achieved the feat include Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan.
Important GKToday Updates For Online banking Coaching:
Overall, Ishant Sharma has become the 6th Indian bowler to take 300 Test wickets after Kapil Dev, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, and Ravichandran Ashwin.