Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily Current Affairs – 9 Sep 2020 : GKToday Updates
1. EAM Dr. S Jaishankar to attend meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of SCO
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar will attend the meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) to be held in Moscow on 9th and 10th of Sept.
- The foreign ministers at SCO will discuss key international and regional issues in the context of the 75th UN anniversary.
- India has been taking active part in various SCO dialogue mechanisms under the Chairmanship of the Russian Federation this year. The SCO Summit will be held in the near future.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc cgl:
This will be the third Council of Foreign Ministers meeting that India will be attending as a full member of SCO. Earlier two meetings were held in Beijing on April, 2018 and Bishkek on May, 2019.
2. PM Modi to hold Swanidhi Samvaad today with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh
- PM Narendra Modi will hold Swanidhi Samvaad today with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh. CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan will also participate in the program through video conferencing. Prime Minister will interact with three beneficiaries from the state by connecting virtually with them from their vending locations.
- Government of India had launched PM Swanidhi scheme on 1st June this year to help poor street vendors, impacted by COVID-19, resume livelihood activities.
- 4.5 lakh street vendors were registered in Madhya Pradesh, with more than 4 lakh vendors having been given identification and vendor certification.
GKToday Updates Online Bank Coaching:
The applications of 2.45 lakh eligible beneficiaries have been presented through the portal to Banks, out of which acceptance has been granted to around 1.4 lakh street vendors of amount worth 140 crore rupees.
3. Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates 22 bamboo clusters in nine states
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters in nine states by virtual mode. A logo for the National Bamboo Mission was also released.
These States are Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Karnataka.
Lauding the success of the National Bamboo Mission, Mr Tomar said that the country is now gearing up to increase the export of bamboo products.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
Keeping in consideration the importance of bamboo, the Indian Forest Act 1927 was amended in the year 2017 to remove bamboo for the category of trees.
4. CIPET to establish two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers will be establishing two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support at Bhagalpur and Varanasi.
- Secretary, Chemicals and Petrochemicals Shri R.K Chaturvedi said that every year 1000 youths will be trained in each centre through Diploma & Skill Development programmes for employment in petrochemicals & allied industries.
- CIPET is actively contributing towards several Govt. of India initiatives viz., Skill India, Make in India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Stand up India, Start Up India and Digital India etc.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
Currently CIPET has 31 Skilling and Technology Support Centres where Diploma, PG Diploma and Skill development training programmes are being organized in the field of Polymer Science, Engineering and Technology.
5. PM Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur via video conferencing
- Prime Minister Narendra inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur through a video conference.
Patrika Group has constructed ‘Patrika Gate’ as part of Mission Anupam Yojana of Jaipur Development Authority.
- The gate is built on the busiest Jawaharlal Nehru Marg of Jaipur and it is an attempt to bring together the art, craft, and cultural heritage of the state at one place.
- Patrika Gate as a monument adds to the legacy of Patrika being embedded and unified with the cultural values of Rajasthan.
GKToday Updates For banking classes:
Prime Minister Modi also released two books written by the Group Chairman on the occasion.
6. Father of India’s Radio Astronomy Govind Swarup passes away
- Father of India’s Radio Astronomy, Dr. Govind Swarup passed away in Pune.
- Dr. Swarup is known not only for his many important research contributions in several areas of astronomy and astrophysics, but also for his outstanding achievements in building ingenious, innovative and powerful observational facilities for front-line research in radio astronomy.
- The Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT) was established under Dr. Swarup’s guidance.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc chsl:
He was awarded Padmashree, Dr. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar award, H. K. Firodia award and many international awards.