Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Daily Current Affairs & GK Updates In hindi : 16-May-2019
- RBI के 25 वें गवर्नर: शक्तिकांत दास, मुख्यालय: मुंबई, स्थापना: 1 अप्रैल 1935, कोलकाता
- सुरेश प्रभु वाणिज्य और उद्योग मंत्रालय के मंत्री हैं.
- SIDBI की स्थापना 1990 में भारतीय संसद के एक अधिनियम के तहत की गई थी.
- मोहम्मद मुस्तफा SIDBI के अध्यक्ष और प्रबंध निदेशक हैं.
ii. ऐसे संघ जो किसी विशेष वर्ष के दौरान विदेशी योगदान प्राप्त नहीं करते हैं, उन्हें उस वित्तीय वर्ष के लिए ‘NIL’ रिटर्न प्रस्तुत करना भी आवश्यक है.
- इंफोसिस फाउंडेशन की स्थापना 1996 में हुई थी.
- सुधा मूर्ति फाउंडेशन की चेयरपर्सन हैं.
i. आईटी सर्विसेज फर्म टेक महिंद्रा और फ्रेंच डिजिटल कंटेंट पब्लिशिंग फर्म रकुटेन एक्वाफैडस ने निर्माण ग्राहक अनुभव प्रसाद विस्तृत करने में सहयोग के लिए एक समझौता ज्ञापन पर हस्ताक्षर किए है.
ii. रकुटेन एक्वाफैडस और टेक महिंद्रा का लक्ष्य रकुटेन एक्वाफैडस द्वारा डिजिटल प्रकाशन के लिए प्रदान किये जाने वाले सॉफ्टवेयर के सूट की पेशकश से ग्राहक अनुभव का निर्माण करना है
12. चीन 2023 एशियाई कप फुटबॉल टूर्नामेंट की मेजबानी करेगा
Daily Current Affairs & GK Updates : 16-May-2019
Here is the Daily Current Affairs to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
1. India Signs ‘Christchurch Call to Action’
i. India signed the ‘Christchurch Call to Action’ in Paris. The agreement came in the backdrop of the attacks on mosques in March and is aimed at stopping the abuse of the Internet by extremists.
ii. India was represented by Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
2. Lokpal Website Launched
i. The website of the Lokpal www.lokpal.gov.in has been launched. It was inaugurated by Chairperson Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose in presence of all the Members of Lokpal in New Delhi.
ii. It provides basic information about the working and functioning of the anti-corruption ombudsman.
iii. The Lokpal is the first institution of its kind in India established under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 to inquire and investigate into allegations of the corruption against public functionaries.
3. Captain Aarohi Pandit Becomes 1st Woman In World To Cross Atlantic Ocean Solo In a LSA
i. Captain Aarohi Pandit, a 23-year-old pilot from Mumbai became the world’s first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA).
ii. She achieved the feat when she landed her tiny aircraft at Iqaluit Airport in Canada, after a gruelling 3,000 km long flight, under adverse and extreme weather conditions.
4. Nepali Sherpa Kami Rita Scales Mt Everest For 23rd Time; Creates World Record
i. Nepalese Sherpa climber Kami Rita has scaled Mount Everest for a 23rd time, breaking his own record for the most successful ascents of the world’s highest peak. He first scaled Everest in 1994.
ii. He reached the 8,850-metre (29,035-feet) summit with other climbers via the Southeast Ridge route.
5. Sikkim Statehood Day: 16th May
i. President Ram Nath Kovind has greeted the people of Sikkim on their statehood day.
ii. It was on 16th May 1975 that Sikkim officially merged with the Indian union and became the 22nd state of the country.
6. RBI Releases ‘Vision 2021’ For Payment Systems For ‘Cash-Lite’ Society
i. Reserve Bank of India has released a vision document ‘Payment and Settlement Systems in India: Vision 2019 – 2021’, with its core theme of ‘Empowering Exceptional E-payment Experience’ for ensuring a safe, secure, convenient, quick and affordable e-payment system.
ii. The move comes as the apex bank expects the number of digital transactions to increase more than four times to 8,707 crores in December 2021.
Daily Current Affairs & Gk Updates for RRB Online Exam 2019 :
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das, Headquarters: Mumbai, Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
7. India’s Overall Exports Registered Positive Growth Of 1.34% In April 2019
i. According to the Ministry of Commerce & Industry data, India’s overall exports, combining Merchandise and Services, in April 2019 is estimated to be around 44 billion US dollars with a positive growth of 1.34% over April 2018.
ii. Overall imports in April 2019 is estimated to be around 53 billion dollars with a positive growth of 4.5% over the corresponding period of 2018.
Daily Current Affairs & Gk Updates for IBPS PO Exam 2019 :
- Suresh Prabhu is the Minister of Commerce & Industry Ministry.
8. SIDBI Launched A Pilot Scheme For Fintech NBFCs
i. To give a fillip to digital lending, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has put together a pilot scheme to extend financial assistance of up to Rs10 crore to new-age fintech non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) engaged in financing small businesses and other income-generating activities.
ii. SIDBI has set the exposure cap for lending to a single new-age fintech NBFC at 30% of NOF of the new-age fintech NBFC, subject to maximum cap of Rs10 crore.
Daily Current Affairs & Gk Updates for SBI Clerk Exam 2019 :
- SIDBI was set up in 1990 under an Act of Indian Parliament.
- Mohammad Mustafa is the Chairman & Managing Director of SIDBI.
9. Infosys Foundation’s FCRA Licence Cancelled
i. The Home Ministry has cancelled the registration of Bengaluru-based NGO Infosys Foundation for alleged violation of norms in receiving foreign grants.
ii. All non-government organizations (NGOs) are mandatorily required to be registered under the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act or FCRA to receive foreign funding.
Daily Current Affairs & Gk Updates for SBI PO Exam 2019 :
- Infosys Foundation was established in 1996.
- Sudha Murthy is the chairperson of the Foundation.
10. Tech Mahindra Partners With French Based Firm Rakuten Aquafadas
i. IT services firm Tech Mahindra and French digital content publishing firm Rakuten Aquafadas signed an MoU to collaborate on building enhanced customer experience offerings.
ii. Rakuten Aquafadas and Tech Mahindra aim to build a Customer Experience Offering leveraging the suite of software that Rakuten Aquafadas provides for digital publishing.
11. Sanjiv Puri Appointed ITC’s New Chairman
i. ITC Managing Director Sanjiv Puri has been appointed as the chairman by the Board of Directors. His new designation will now be chairman and managing director.
ii. He has been the Managing Director since 2018. He was appointed on the board in December 2015 and as the CEO in February 2017.
12. China To Host 2023 Asian Cup Football Tournament
i. China has become the sole contender to host Asian Cup Football tournament in 2023 after South Korea has announced to withdraw its bid to host the game.
ii. The Korea Football Association (KFA) announced that it had pulled out to strategically focus on a joint bid with North Korea to host the Women’s World Cup in the same year.