Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
1. Nationwide vaccination drive launched under Mission Indradhanush 2.0
- The centre is launching a nationwide vaccination drive to prevent eight diseases under Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 across the country.
- The government’s flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against 8 vaccine-preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenza are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States. The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
2. Global Migration Film Festival organised in Dhaka
- The Global Migration Film Festival (GMFF) was organised in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The festival screened 15 films on the theme of “migration and its various aspects”.
- The GMFF was started in 2016 and this year it is being organised across many cities in the world.
- The festival was organised by the International Organisation of Migrants (IOM) and Dhaka University Film Society with the support of the European Union.
- The Global Migration Film Festival is a global initiative simultaneously being run in many countries of the world to draw attention to the issues of internal migration, forced migration and climate change-related migration to engage people in a conversation on the issue of migration.
- ‘Gifts from Babylon’, ‘Just another memory’, ‘Dying for Europe’ and ‘ The power of passport’ among the other films of the festival powerfully depicted the suffering and dilemma of the migrants in various parts of the world.
Important Daily GK Update For IBPS CLERK
- Chief of International Organisation of Migrants (IOM) in Bangladesh: Giorgi Gigouri.
- IOM is the UN migration agency established in 1951.
3. 20th Edition of Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland
- The 20th Edition of Hornbill Festival began with a colourful blend of culture and tradition with a modern twist at Naga Heritage Kisama in Nagaland.
- The festival organised by Nagaland Government is an annual tourism promotional event to showcase the state’s traditional and rich cultural heritage in all its ethnicity, diversity and grandeur.
- The Hornbill Festival will witness the cultural performance of different tribes of Nagaland and Northeastern States, indigenous games, city tour, night carnival, art exhibition, photo-fest and many more.
Important Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam
- Chief Minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio; Governor of Nagaland: R N Ravi.
4. Indigenous Faith Day celebrated in Arunachal Pradesh
- Donyi Polo Cultural & Charitable Trust and Indigenous Faith & Cultural Society of Arunachal Pradesh celebrated ‘Indigenous Faith Day’ on 1st December.
- The celebrations were held at Pasighat with religious fervour.
- The day is celebrated to protect and promote the indigenous faith and tribal tradition to keep the ethnic identity of the local tribes.
Important Daily GK Update For Online Coaching For SSC
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh: Pema Khandu.
- Governor of Arunachal Pradesh: B. D. Mishra.
5. Lt Gen P S Rajeshwar takes over as C-n-C of Andaman & Nicobar Command
- Lt Gen Podali Shankar Rajeshwar took over as the 14th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman & Nicobar Command (CINCAN).
- He is a graduate of Indian Military Academy and was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery in December 1980.
- A gunner and aviator, he is an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College, Army War College and National Defence College in New Delhi and Philippines.
- He has actively taken part in Operation Meghdoot and Operation Rakshak.
6. Hari Mohan takes over as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board
- Hari Mohan has taken over the charge as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
- He will replace Saurabh Kumar who superannuated from the services.
- He is a 1982-batch Indian Ordnance Factories’ Service (I.O.F.S.) officer with Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Hari Mohan has contributed significantly in various positions in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) Hardwar, Vehicle Factory Jabalpur, Engine Factory Avadi, Heavy Vehicle Factory Avadi, Ammunition Factory Khadki, Ordnance Factory Bolangir, Ordnance Factory Chanda, Ordnance Factory Dehu Road, OFB New Delhi Office and Ministry of Steel & Mines.
Important Daily GK Update For IBPS CLERK
- Ordnance Factory Board Founded: 1712.
- Ordnance Factory Board Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
7. Defence Minister addresses Armed Forces Flag Day-CSR Conclave
- Defence Minister addresses the Armed Forces Flag Day-CSR Conclave in New Delhi.
- He has expressed confidence that the corporate sector will contribute generously to the welfare of ex-servicemen.
- He said common people had generously contributed to ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ Fund for the bereaved families of soldiers who laid down their lives in the line of duty.
- ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ Fund was established with the help of the corporate sector that assisted the families of martyred Central Armed Police Forces personnel.
- The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Conclave was a unique initiative of the Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence to create awareness about the challenges faced by the Ex-Servicemen and how the corporate sector can play an important part in their resettlement and rehabilitation.
- The CSR Conclave was a first-of-its-kind event where Corporate and CSR heads were invited.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS SO 2019:
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh.
8. Tony Joseph wins 2019 Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize
- English author Tony Joseph has won the 12th ‘Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize’.
- He was awarded for his 2018 book, “Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From”.
- The award was instituted in 2008 and it carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh along with a trophy.
- The book tells the tale of the people of South Asia through research in six disciplines, including path-breaking new DNA evidence.
9. Railways Operating ratio worst in last 10 years
- The Comptroller and Auditor General’s report stated that the railways recorded an operating ratio of 98.44% in 2017-18.
- The above operating ratio was the worst in the last 10 years. Operating ratio is a measure of expenditure against the revenue.
- It shows the operating efficiency of the railway and the health of its finances.
- An operating ratio of 98.44% shows that the Railways spent Rs 98.44 to earn Rs 100.
10. Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik clinch gold in Senior Wrestling National C’ships
- Star wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Sakshi Malik registered convincing wins in the finals to claim gold medals at the Senior Wrestling National Championships in Jalandhar, Punjab.
- While Phogat beat 20-year-old Haryana’s Anju 7-3 in the 55kg category, Olympic bronze medallist Malik defeated Radhika of Haryana 4-2 in the 62kg category.
11. 13th South Asian Games begins in Kathmandu
- The inauguration ceremony of the 13th South Asian Games (SAG), a multi-sport event, has started at the newly constructed Dasharath Stadium in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- A cultural presentation showcasing the rich traditional heritage of Nepal. During 10 days biggest sporting event of South Asia, 2715 athletes compete for 1119 medals including 319 Gold in 26 game categories.
- India is represented by 487 athletes. The closing ceremony will be held on 10th December.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/SSC CGL:
- President of Nepal: Bidya Devi Bhandari.
- Vice President: Nanda Bahadur Pun.
- Prime Minister of Nepal: KP Sharma Oli.
12. Veteran actor Shelley Morrison passes away
- Former Hollywood actress Shelley Morrison passed away recently.
- She had a long 50-year career and was best known for playing a memorable maid from El Salvador, in the original run of “Will and Grace” from 1999 to 2006, becoming part of a cast that won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy series.
13. International Day of Persons with Disabilities: 3 December
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities is being observed on the 3rd of December every year.
- This day is observed to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development and to increase awareness.
- The theme this year is – Promoting the Participation of Persons with Disabilities and their leadership: Taking Action on the 2030 Development Agenda.