Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Daily Current Affairs 5th December 2019 – Daily GK Update
1. RBI keeps the repo rate unchanged at 5.15% in 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy
- In its 5th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting, the Reserve Bank of India has decided to keep the policy repo rate unchanged to 5.15%.
- The MPC has also decided to maintain the accommodative stance of monetary policy to revive growth, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target.
- The main decisions taken in the 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting are:
- The repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) left unchanged to 5.15%.
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands same i.e. 4.90%.
- The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate also remains same i.e. 5.40%.
Important Daily GK Update For IBPS CLERK
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
2. Fit India School Rating System launched as part of Fit India Campaign
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports Kiren Rijiju has jointly launched the Fit India School Rating System.
- The “Fit India School Rating System” has been launched as part of the Fit India Campaign.
- The Fit India school rating system as per certain parameters is expected to enhance the image of the schools.
- Fit India program is an innovative initiative launched by the Prime Minister to increase the awareness among the masses and to encourage people to adopt healthy lifestyle.
3. Odisha launches ‘Madhu’ app to help school students
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Madhu’ app. It is an e-learning mobile phone application which will help school students to understand their subjects in a better and most efficient way.
- The app is named after ‘Utkal Gourab’ Madhusudan Das. The app is developed by Ganjam district administration for school students.
- Through this app, the students will be able access the video explanation of the topics they were taught in their classroom.
4. Mumbai Central gets first ‘Eat Right Station’ certification from FSSAI
- The Mumbai Central station of Railways was conferred with the ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with four stars rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), as a part of ‘Eat Right India’ movement launched last year.
- The Mumbai Central Railway Station is the country’s first “Eat Right Station.”
- Mumbai Central station has been judged on the basis of compliance of food safety and hygiene, availability of healthy diet, food handling at preparation, transhipment and retail/serving point, food waste management, promotion of local and seasonal food and creating awareness on food safety and healthy diet.
- The focus of the movement is on improving the health and well-being of people by ensuring they eat healthily.
- ‘Eat Right India’ movement is built on two broad pillars of ‘Eat Healthy’ and ‘Eat Safe’.
- It aims to engage, excite and enable citizens to improve their health and well-being.
Important Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam
- FSSAI founded: August 2011.
- FSSAI Act: Food and Standards Act, 2006.
- FSSAI Headquarters: New Delhi.
- FSSAI Chairperson: Rita Teaotia.
- FSSAI Chief Executive Officer: Shri Pawan Kumar Agarwal.
5. ET Lifetime of Public Service Award for Former FM (Late) Arun Jaitley
- Arun Jaitley former Finance Minister of India was bestowed with the Economic Times (ET) Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Service 2019.
- The award was received by Arun Jaitley’s spouse Sangeeta Jaitley.
- Arun Jaitley was the former Finance Minister of India, he was also the Minister of Corporate Affairs from May 2014 to May 2019, Minister of Defence from March 2017 to September 2017, Minister of Information and Broadcasting from November 2014 to July 2016, Minister of Law and Justice from July 2003 to May 2004 and Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting from October 1999 to September 2000.
6. ‘Joker’ fame Joaquin Phoenix named 2019 ‘Person of the Year’ by PETA
- ‘Joker’ fame Joaquin Rafael Phoenix, American actor from California, United States (US) has been bestowed with the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) ‘Person of the Year’ Award 2019.
- Joaquin Phoenix has been a vegan since the age of three and has been a supporter of PETA for a long time.
- He has recently appeared in an advertisement of PETA titled “We are all animals”, which was displayed in the Times Square and Sunset billboards to promote the prohibition of travelling wild-animal circuses.
7. New Zealand wins MCC’s Spirit of Cricket award
- The New Zealand cricket team has been awarded the Christopher Martin-Jenkins Spirit of Cricket award.
- The team has been awarded for its exemplary show of sportsmanship during the final match of the ICC World Cup at Lord’s in July 2019, which it lost under controversial circumstances.
- Martin-Jenkins was the former MCC president and BBC Test Match Special commentator.
8. Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2019
- The 8th India-China joint training exercise ‘HAND-IN-HAND 2019’ with the theme counter-terrorism under United Nations mandate is scheduled to be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019.
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet Military command comprising of 130 personal and the Indian Contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14-day long training exercise.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter-terrorist operations in semi-urban terrain.
Important Daily GK Update For Online Coaching For SSC
- China Capital: Beijing; Currency: Renminbi.
9. Chief of the air Staff participates in Pacific Air Chiefs’ Symposium 2019
- Chief of the Air Staff of India is participating in the Pacific Air Chiefs’ Symposium 2019 (PACS 2019) at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
- The theme for this year’s symposium is ‘A Collaborative Approach to Regional Security’.
- The conference will bring together Air Chiefs from across the Indo-Pacific region who will provide perspectives on common challenges faced and on shared mutual interests while focusing on relevant topics like ‘Regional Security’, ‘Domain Awareness’, ‘Multi-Domain Awareness’, Ínteroperability’ and ‘HADR’. The symposium will also entail discourse and discussions on the combined effort required to maintain peace and security within the region.
Important Daily GK Update For IBPS CLERK
- Chief of the Air Staff: Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.
10. Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank signs MoU for bancassurance
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) and Canara, HSBC, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Life Insurance Company Ltd. signed an MoU for bancassurance (for selling life insurance products through the branches of KVGB).
- As per the pact, KVGB will market wide range insurance products of the Canara HSBC through its 636 branches in 9 districts of Karnataka.
Important Daily GK Update For SBI PO Exam
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank founded: September 12, 2005.
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka.
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank Chairman: Puttaganti Gopi Krishna.
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank Sponsored by: Syndicate Bank.
11. International Volunteer Day: 5 December
- The International Volunteer Day (IVD) is observed across the world on 5 December every year.
- This year theme is ” Volunteer for an inclusive future”.
- This year’s theme highlighting Sustainable Development Goal 10 (SDG 10) and the pursuit of equality including inclusion through volunteerism.
12. World Soil Day: 5 December
- World Soil Day is celebrated annually on the 5th of December at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) headquarters in Rome, Italy.
- This year, by addressing the increasing challenges of soil management, the FAO campaign “Stop soil erosion, Save our future” aims to raise awareness of the importance of sustaining healthy ecosystems and human well-being.
- By encouraging people around the world to engage in proactively improving soil health, the campaign also aims to raise the profile of healthy soil.
- The International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS), in 2002, adopted a resolution proposing the 5th of December as World Soil Day to celebrate the importance of soil as a critical component of the natural system and as a vital contributor to human well-being.
13. VP Naidu launches new Rotavirus vaccine: ROTAVAC-5D
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu launched the new Rotavirus vaccine: ROTAVAC-5D designed and developed by Bharat Biotech in New Delhi.
- ROTAVAC is an example of a true social innovation that was realized through a partnership between scientists from India and the USA.
- India is firmly committed to ending morbidity and mortality in children caused due to diarrhoea by 2022.
- The first generation, Rotavirus vaccine, ROTAVAC developed under a Public-Private Partnership with the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, has put India on the global map for setting new standards in pharmaceutical Research and Development.
14. India’s first maritime museum coming up at Lothal in Gujarat
- Government of India (GoI) & Portugal has decided to cooperate in the setting up of an India’s 1st National Maritime Heritage Museum at the ancient Indian site of Lothal in Gujarat with the aim to boost the underwater or marine archaeology.
- The Museum will showcase salvaged material from shipwreck sites in the Indian Ocean waters.
Important Daily GK Update For Online SSS Classes
- Gujarat CM: Vijay Rupani; Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat; Capital: Gandhinagar.