Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
1. NTPC to build India’s biggest solar park in Gujarat
- India’s National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) plans to set up a 5-gigawatt solar park in the western state of Gujarat, which would be the biggest in the country.
- As the top electricity generator shifts toward cleaner energy, which is expected to cost as much as 250 billion rupees ($3.5 billion) and begin operations by 2024.
- The plan is part of NTPC’s aim to reduce the share of fossil fuels in the energy mix to 70% from around 96% by 2032.
Daily GK Updates for IBPS Clerk Online Classes:
- Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC: Gurdeep Singh.
- Headquarters of NTPC: New Delhi.
2. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘champions campaign’ against dengue
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched “Champions Campaign” to fight dengue and urged citizens to become ‘champions’ and encourage 10 friends to check their homes for mosquito larvae. Earlier, he had also launched 10Hafte 10Baje 10Minute campaign.
- He had urged the Delhi residents to give 10 minutes every Sunday to check the surroundings to prevent the breeding of dengue-carrier mosquitoes.
Daily GK Updates Online coaching for SSC :
- Lt. Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
3. IDBI Bank appoints Samuel Joseph as Deputy Managing Director
- IDBI Bank’s Board of Directors has approved the appointment of Samuel Joseph Jebaraj as Deputy Managing Director (DMD) for a period of 3 years.
- He currently serves as Chief General Manager of the Loan Administration and Human Resources Management Groups of the Bank.
- The decision has been taken as per the approval received by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). This is the first major appointment on the Bank’s Board, in which LIC acquired a majority stake of 51 per cent in January 2019.
Daily GK Updates for SBI PO Online Classes:
- Chairman of IDBI: M R Kumar.
- Headquarters of IDBI: Mumbai; Tagline: Aao Sochein Bada.
4. DSCI, MeitY and Google India join hands for ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’
- Nasscom’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI) collaborated with the electronics and IT ministry (MeitY) and Google India to launch a nationwide awareness campaign ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’.
- Communications and Electronics & IT Minister launched the campaign that will educate end-users on the benefits of making digital payments and urge them to adopt security and safety best practices.
- The campaign was launched at the Google for India event. To drive the campaign objectives and amplify outreach to users across all states, DSCI has onboarded various digital payments, ecosystem partners.
- These partners include representation from banking, card networks as well as a fin-tech segment.
Important Topics In Gktoday :
- Minister of Communications and Electronics and Information Technology.: Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- Chairman of NASSCOM: Keshav Murugesh.
5. 20th Edition of IIFA Awards 2019
The 20th Edition of NEXA International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA Awards) for 2019 was held at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Here’s the complete list of winers:
|2.||Best Actor in a leading role (Female)||Alia Bhatt (Raazi)|
|3.||Best Actor in a leading role (Male)||Ranveer Singh (Padmaavat)|
6. Bajrang Punia won bronze medal at World Wrestling Championships
- Bajrang Punia won a bronze medal at the 2019 World Wrestling Championships in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
- He defeated Mongolia’s Tulga Tumur Ochir 8-7 to clinch the medal in the 65 kg weight category.
- This is Bajrang’s second consecutive World Championship medal after his silver at Budapest 2018. This is also his third medal at the senior World’s with his first coming in 2013.
7. A new book titled “Being Gandhi” by Paro Anand to mark Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary
- A new book titled “Being Gandhi” written by award-winning author Paro Anand released. It marks the 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The book, published by Harper Collins Children’s Books, explores the life events of Gandhiji.
8. Former Dutch football player Fernando Ricksen passes away
- The former Rangers and Netherlands football player Fernando Ricksen passed away at the age of 43. He earned 12 caps for the Netherlands between 2000 and 2003. In six years (2000-2006) with the club of Rangers (Glasgow, Scotland), he also won 2 Scottish Premier League titles, 2 Scottish Cups and 3 Scottish League Cups.
9. Famous filmmaker Shyam Ramsay passes away
- Bollywood’s famous horror film producer Shyam Ramsay passed away. He helmed horror movies like Andhera (1975), Saboot (1980), Purana Mandir (1984), Purani Haveli (1989), Dhund: The Fog (2003), Koi Hai (2017). He pioneered the horror genre on Indian television too, giving us the first horror series- The Zee Horror Show which ran from 1993 to 2001.
10. International Day of Peace 21 September
- Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on 21 September.
- The General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, both within and among all nations and peoples.
- The theme for International Day of Peace 2019 is “Climate Action for Peace”. The theme draws attention to the importance of combatting climate change as a way to protect and promote peace throughout the world.
Important Topics By Daily GK Updates :
- Antonio Guterres is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- The UN Headquarters in New York, United States.
11. 16th Session of the Joint Economic Commission between India-BLEU
- The 16th Session of the Joint Economic Commission (JEC) between India and Belgium Luxembourg Economic Union (BLEU) was held in New Delhi.
- The Joint Economic Commission between India and Belgium Luxembourg Economic Union (India-BLEU) was established in 1997 and is the main vehicle for discussing bilateral economic and commercial issues.
- The importance of JEC between India and BLEU was reiterated & both sides negotiate cooperation on a wide range of issues of mutual interest, such as, transportation and logistics, renewable energy, aerospace and satellites, audio and visual industry, agro and food processing industry, life sciences, ICT(Information and communications technology), traditional medicine, Ayurveda and yoga, and tourism.
Daily GK Updates for SBI PO Online Classes:
- Belgium Capital: Brussels, Currency: Euro.