Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Current Affairs 15th June 2019 & Daily GK Update
Here is the Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
1. Akshaya Patra wins BBC award
i. Akshaya Patra, a non-profit organization, has been awarded the BBC World Service Global Champion Award. It runs one of the world’s largest school meals project in India.
2. 45 individuals to get Bal Sahitya Puraskar and Yuva Puraskar
i. The Sahitya Akademi announced the name of 22 winners for Bal Sahitya Puraskar and 23 winners for Yuva Puraskar. The winners of both the awards will receive a casket containing an engraved copper plaque and a cheque of Rs 50,000.
ii. Six books of children’s poetry, including works by Vijay Sharma (Dogri), Naji Munauwar (Kashmiri), and Sanjay Chaubey (Sanskrit); five story books by authors including Govind Sharma (Hindi), Mohammad Khalil (Urdu), and Swmim Nasrin (Assamese); and five authors for their total contribution in children’s literature won the Bal Sahitya Puraskar.
Important Facts of current affairs For IBPS PO Online Classes :-
- Sahitya Akademi is an organisation dedicated to the promotion of literature in India.
3. Declaration/Agreements/MoUs during the visit of Prime Minister to Kyrgyz Republic
i. Declaration/Agreements/MoUs during the visit of Prime Minister to Kyrgyz Republic:
4. Kimberley Process Intersessional Meeting 2019 held in Mumbai
i. The Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) will be hosted by India from 17th to 21st June 2019 in Mumbai.
ii. Besides this, two special forums regarding Diamond Terminology and Artisanal Mining – Small Steps to Larger Outcomes, will be held during the Intersessional.
iii. India is one of the founder members of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and is the Chair of Kimberley Process for the year 2019 with the Russian Federation as Vice Chair.
iv. Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi, Director General, Directorate General of Foreign Trade, has been designated as KP Chair 2019 and Rupa Dutta, Economic Adviser, Department of Commerce, is India’s KP Focal Point.
Important Facts of current affairs For IBPS Clerk Online Classes –
- The Kimberley Processis a joint initiative involving Government, the international diamond industry and civil society to stem the flow of Conflict Diamonds.
- KPCS has 55 members representing 82 countries including EU with 28 members.
5. ZestMoney offers first-of-its-kind EMI insurance
i. India’s largest and fastest growing consumer lending technology company ZestMoney, partnered with Digit Insurance to offer EMI insurance to the company’s five million customers. The policy will cover EMI cost in the event of hospitalization, death or permanent disability. The insurance product is specifically designed for ZestMoney’s customers which can be availed while applying for a loan on the digital platform.
6. HDFC sells further 4.22% stake in Gruh Finance for ₹899 crore
i. Mortgage lender HDFC has sold over 4.22% stake in subsidiary Gruh Finance Ltd (Gruh), which is proposed to be amalgamated with Bandhan Bank for ₹899.43 crore. Post the completion of the aforesaid sale of shares, Gruh would cease to be a subsidiary of the Corporation.
ii. Gruh is engaged in the business of providing home loans and is registered with the National Housing Bank as a housing finance company.
Important Facts of current affairs For SBI Clerk Online Classes –
- Chairman of HDFC Ltd: Deepak Parekh
7. RBI asks banks to grout ATMs to wall, pill or floor to enhance security
i. Based on the recommendations of the Committee on Currency Movement (CCM), the Reserve Bank have directed banks to ensure their ATMs are grouted to a wall, pillar, or floor by September-end, except those installed in high secured premises such as airports, to enhance the security of the cash vending machines. The committee to review the entire gamut of security of treasure in transit is chaired by Shri D.K. Mohanty.
Important Facts of current affairs For SBI PO Online Classes
- RBI 25th Governor: Shaktikant Das
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
8. NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope to Retire in 2020
i. After nearly 16 years of exploring the cosmos in infrared light, NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope will be switched off permanently on Jan. 30, 2020.
ii. Spitzer is a small but transformational observatory. It captures infrared light, which is often emitted by “warm” objects that aren’t quite hot enough to radiate visible light. Spitzer has lifted the veil on hidden objects in nearly every corner of the universe, from a new ring around Saturn to observations of some of the most distant galaxies known.
Important Facts of current affairs For SBI Clerk Online Classes –
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States, Founded: 29 July 1958
- Administrator: Jim Bridenstine
9. Govt directed TV channels to display title, credits in serials in regional languages too
i. The Information and Broadcasting Ministry directed all satellite TV channels to display the cast, credits and titles of Hindi and regional language serials that they broadcast in the respective languages too. These orders were being issued for cinema too to promote Indian languages.
ii. Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC AAO/ADO Mains 2019:
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting: Prakash Javadekar
10. Trade deficit in the month of may widens to a six-month high
i. India’s trade deficit expanded to a six-month high of $15.4 billion in May, with import growth outpacing export growth. According to data released by the commerce ministry, exports grew 3.93% in May, while imports rose 4.31%.
11. India static at 101st in FIFA rankings
i. The Indian football team remained static at 101st place in the FIFA rankings. India had finished third in the King’s Cup in Thailand. The Indian team is at 18th spot among the Asian countries led by Iran (20th), Japan (28), Korea (37), Australia (43) and Qatar (55) form the top five in Asia.
ii. Belgium continued to top overall world rankings, followed by France, Brazil, England, and Portugal.
Current Affairs 15th June 2019 & Daily GK Update In Hindi
2. 45 व्यक्तियों को बाल साहित्य पुरस्कार और युवा पुरस्कार प्राप्त होगा
3. HDFC ने गृह फाइनेंस में 899 करोड़ रूपए में 4.22% हिस्सेदारी बेची
4. मई के महीने में व्यापार घाटा छह महीने के उच्च स्तर तक बढ़ा
i. भारत का व्यापार घाटा मई में $ 15.4 बिलियन के छह महीने के उच्च स्तर तक बढ़ गया, जिसमें आयात में निर्यात से अधिक वृद्धि हुई। वाणिज्य मंत्रालय द्वारा जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, मई में निर्यात 3.93% बढ़ा, जबकि आयात 4.31% बढ़ा।
- रणनीतिक साझेदारी पर भारत और किर्गिज़ गणराज्य के बीच संयुक्त घोषणा
- भारत और किर्गिज़ गणराज्य के बीच पाँच साल की अवधि (2019-2024) के बीच व्यापार और आर्थिक सहयोग पर रोड मैप
- भारत और किर्गिज़ गणराज्य के बीच द्विपक्षीय निवेश संधि (BIT)
- भारत के राष्ट्रीय सुरक्षा परिषद सचिवालय और किर्गिज़ गणराज्य की सुरक्षा परिषद के कार्यालय के बीच सहयोग के लिए समझौता ज्ञापन
8. फीफा रैंकिंग में भारत का 101 स्थान