Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Daily Gk updates & Current Affairs for Competitive Exam 2019
Here is the Daily GK Updates to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!
1. 15th Finance Commission’s Meeting With RBI Held In Mumbai
i. The 15th Finance Commission headed by Chairman, N.K. Singh held a detailed meeting with the Governor and Deputy Governors of RBI in Mumbai.
ii. Key issues raised by RBI Governor, Shaktikanta Das and Finance Commission Chairman, N.K. Singh were discussed in detail at the meeting.
iii. These issues included the following:–
- The necessity of setting up State Finance Commissions for respective State Governments.
- Public Sector Borrowing Requirements.
- Continuity of the Finance Commission.
- Need for Expenditure Codes, especially given that expenditure norms vary from state to state.
- Role of States in Growth and Inflation, for instance, role of states in Ease of doing Business.
2. Meeting of Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of WCO Held in Kochi
i. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has organised a 2-Day meeting of the Regional Heads of Customs Administration of Asia Pacific Region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) in Kochi.
ii. This meeting was chaired by Mr Pranab Kumar Das, Chairman, CBIC.
Gk updates for IBPS PO online Classes 2019 :
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs is a part of the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
3. MNRE Holds ‘Chintan Baithak’ With Stakeholders of Renewable Energy Sector
i. Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) held a ‘Chintan Baithak’ with the stakeholders of the Renewable Energy sector in New Delhi.
ii. The ‘Baithak’ (meet) was chaired by Secretary, MNRE, Anand Kumar and saw good participation from Renewable Energy (RE) sector including the representatives of major RE developers, equipment manufacturers, financers, regulators, think-tanks, industry bodies and skill developers.
4. NIOS, NHMPH Ink MoU In Mumbai
i. The National Institute of Open Schooling Ministry of Human Resources Development (NIOS) and National Health Mission of Public Health Department (NHMPH) of Government of Maharashtra signed an MoU in Mumbai.
ii. The MOU focused on offering Vocational programmes to the Health Service Providers of National Health Mission (NHM) through National Institute of Open Schooling.
5. World Red Cross Day: 08th May
i. World Red Cross Day (also known as Red Crescent Day) is observed every year on May 8. It is a gentle nod to all the volunteers who have made an unparalleled contribution to people in duress or need.
ii. The 2019 theme chosen by them is, ‘#Love’. Incidentally, the day is also the birthday of Henry Dunant, who had generated the Red Cross Committee of the International (ICRI) in 1863 in Switzerland, Geneva.
6. India’s Jagjit Pavadia Re-Elected To International Narcotics Control Board
i. India’s Jagjit Pavadia has been re-elected with the highest number of votes by the UN Economic and Social Council to a five-year term on International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), while China’s candidate Hao Wei lost.
ii. She posted the highest number of votes at 44. Ms Pavadia has been a member of the INCB since 2015 and her current term is set to expire in 2020.
Gk updates for SBI PO online Classes :
- INCB consists of 13 members who are elected by the ECOSOC and who serve in their personal capacity.
- Established in 1968, the INCB is an independent and quasi-judicial monitoring body for the implementation of the UN’s international drug control conventions.
7. Indian Boxers Win 6 Medals At 36th Feliks Stamm International Boxing
i. Indian boxers finished with a rich haul of six medals, including two gold at the 36th Feliks Stamm International Boxing Tournament in Warsaw, Poland. Gaurav Solanki and Manish Kaushik bagged one gold each. Indian boxers also clinched a silver and three bronze.
ii. The 22-year-old Solanki out-punched England’s William Cawley 52 kilogram on his way to the coveted yellow metal. In 60-kilogram weight category, Kaushik beat Morocco’s Mohamed Hamout.
Gk updates for SBI Clerk online Classes :
- Poland Capital: Warsaw, Currency: Polish zloty.
8. Former Billiards Player Derek Sippy Passes Away
i. Former Indian Cue sports Player, Coach and administrator Derek Sippy passed away in Mumbai due to a massive heart attack.
ii. He was the Indian team’s coach at recently concluded Asian Under-21 Boys Snooker and Asian Women Snooker tournament in Chandigarh.
Important Tags : Gktoday 2019 & Current affairs in Hindi & English / Gktoday / Today Current affairs / Daily Gk Updates / Daily Current affairs /News of the day / Today Current affairs in Hindi 2019 /Today GK updates /7th May 2019 /Important for LIC AAO Mains Exam/ Banking Online Classes