Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily GK Updates – 16th MARCH – Today Current Affairs
1. Dearness Allowance Hiked for Central Government Employees!
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a 4 % hike in dearness allowance (DA) for central government employees.
- The Cabinet approved an increase of four per cent DA to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners with effect from January 1, 2020.
- It has been hiked to 21 per cent over the existing rate of 17 per cent of the basic pay or pension.
- The increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- The Cabinet also approved an additional spend of Rs 14,595 crore on the hike in DA.
GKToday For SSC Exams
DA is a cost of living adjustment paid to government employees, public sector employees and pensioners. It is calculated as a percentage of basic salary to mitigate the impact of inflation.
2. World Consumer Rights Day
- World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on the 15th of March every year to raise global awareness about consumer rights and needs.
- Theme for 2020 is – ‘The Sustainable Consumer’ which focuses on the need for sustainable consumption globally, as well as highlights the important role that consumer rights and protection can play.
- On this day in March 1962, former US President John K. Kennedy had declared the four basic consumer rights.
- In India, consumer rights were protected under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, before the act was replaced by the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The World Consumer Rights Day was first observed on March 15, 1983.
3. GOKADDAL – World’s first Digital Solutions Exchange Cloud
- GOKADDAL, world’s first Digital Solutions Exchange in the cloud has been launched in India.
- www.gokaddal.com is a one of its kind Solutions Aggregator, Marketplace and Cloud delivery platform with focus on 4A’s: Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Analytics and Augmentative Technologies.
- It is going to revolutionize the way digital solutions are sourced, delivered and managed.
- GOKADDAL Technologies is a Dubai based emerging technology company. It is created to help Solution Seekers (customers) realize their Digital Transformation Vision, by bringing to them Right Solutions with Right Tools & Right Providers.
- For solution seekers, it provides features like solution search, compare, use EOI/Bidding process to select the right solution in the right budget.
4. World’s First ‘Dark Sky Nation’
- The small Pacific island nation Niue, with a population of just over 1,600, is the first country to receive the designation by the International Dark-Sky Association.
- It has become the world’s first whole country recognised as a ‘Dark Sky Place’.
- There are over 130 of these accredited dark sites across the world, including parks, reserves, and local communities, but never before has the honour been bestowed on an entire country like this.
- Its people enjoy a long history of being guided by star navigation and lunar cycles, with elders passing down their knowledge from generation to generation.
- The International Dark-Sky Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to safeguarding night skies for future generations to enjoy, and has just granted its first designation that covers an entire country, the small Pacific island nation of Niue.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Niue Capital:Alofi; Currency: New Zealand dollar.
5. India’s first living culinary arts museum enters Limca Book of Records
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Management (WGSHA) of Manipal Academy of Higher Education entered the Limca Book of Records for establishing ‘India’s First Living Culinary Arts Museum’ at WGSHA.
- Celebrity chef Vikas Khanna is the Founder and curator of India’s first living culinary arts museum at WGSHA.
- He also donated thousands of kitchen tools and equipment worth millions of dollars to the culinary arts museum for preserving history of India’s rich tradition of culinary arts and to educate the future generations.
- There are historical as well as regular household items such as plates made by the Portuguese in India, a 100-year-old ladle used to dole out food at temples and bowls dating to the Harappan era and an old seed sprinkler.
LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDSis an annual reference book published in India documenting human and natural world records. It is the second book of records in the world after Guinness Book of World Records.
1st Published in: 1990; Publisher:Coca-Cola India.
6. Lava launches non-internet based digital payment solution
- Domestic Noida-basedsmartphone manufacturer Lava on Thursday introduced LAVA Pay app – an innovative digital payment solution that does not require internet connectivity.
- In order to send or pay money from the app, users need to enter the phone number of the receiver, the amount and a transaction ‘Pass Code.Once the transaction is complete, both the sender and the receiver will receive an alert immediately.
- The app will come pre-installed in company’s all upcoming feature phones. Existing Lava customers can get this application installed in their current phones by visiting any of the 800+ service centres in the country.
- Furthermore, the app enables users to check their account balance with a single step. The users can also visit their nearest bank to configure application and start transacting.
LAVA – Founded: 2009; Headquarters: Noida.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 13th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 12th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.