Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily GK Updates – 19th March Current Affairs
1. PM to address nation on COVID-19 outbreak and efforts to combat it
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation today at 8 P.M., during which he will talk about issues relating to COVID-19 and the efforts to combat it.
- As per the latest data available with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the number of active COVID-19 cases across India stands at 170.
- In the wake of growing COVID-19 cases in the country, the Health and Family Welfare Ministry has issued an advisory for the people to focus on social distancing, hand sanitation and restriction of mass gatherings with a view to contain the spread of Novel Corona virus.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
2. Aircraft (Amendment) Bill, 2020 passed by Lok Sabha
- The Lok Sabha passed the Aircraft (Amendment) Bill, 2020 through voice vote. While introducing the bill, the Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said that the amendments would fulfill the requirements of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- This will enable the three regulatory bodies in the Civil Aviation sector in India, namely Directorate General of Civil Aviation, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security and Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau to become more effective, which will lead to enhancement in the level of safety and security of aircraft operations in the country.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Ministry of Civil Aviation of Government of India is the nodal Ministry responsible for the formulation of national policies and programmes for development and regulation of Civil Aviation and for devising and implementing schemes for the orderly growth and expansion of civil air transport.
International Civil Aviation Organization Headquarters: Montreal, Canada
3. CBSE postpones ongoing examinations of Class 10 & 12
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has postponed all the ongoing Board examinations of Class-10 and 12 in view of Corona virus outbreak. All ongoing board examination related evaluation work in various evaluation centres in the country has also been suspended till 31st of March.
- According to an official release, the examinations will be re-scheduled after 31st of March.
- The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, however, said that all the Board examinations will be held as per schedule. The ICSE Board Secretary said in New Delhi that the Board has not postponed any examinations.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
CBSE Headquarter: New Delhi; Chairperson: Anita Karwal
4. Government to draft National e-Commerce policy, New Industrial Policy
- The Government is considering to form a National e-Commerce policy and the new Industrial Policy. The draft national e-commerce policy seeks to facilitate the regulatory environment for the growth of the e-commerce sector.
- The e-commerce policy is aimed at empowering the local entrepreneurs and encourage make in India to safeguard consumer interest to facilitate job creation. The newly proposed industrial policy aims to boost the growth of the manufacturing sector in India.
- The information was shared by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams
The first Minister of Commerce and Industry of independent India was Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
5. Ordnance Factory Board foundation day: 18th March
- The Ordnance Factory Board are observing their 219th foundation day on the 18th March 2020. The first Ordnance Factory, now known as the ‘Gun and Shell Factory’ Cossipore in Kolkata was established on this day.
- OFB has evolved into one of largest defence manufacturing conglomerates in the world with more than 90% of indigenous content and a strong technological and R&D infrastructure.
- The highlight of the previous year, the handing over of “Dhanush” 155 X 42 artillery gun system to the Army followed by the upgunned version of the 1950s vintage Russian 130mm to 150X45 calibre known as “Sharang”.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
OFB Headquarter: Kolkata
Director General Ordnance Factories & Chairman, OFB: Hari Mohan
6. Veteran journalist Patil Puttappa passes away
- Veteran journalist and former Rajya Sabha member Patil Puttappa passed away due to age-related ailments.
- Puttappa represented Karnataka in the Rajya Sabha for two terms. He was also the first president of the Kannada Watchdog Committee and was also the founder-president of the Border Advisory Committee.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 18th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 17th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.