Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily GK Updates – 18th March Current Affairs
1. Rajya Sabha Passes Central Sanskrit University Bill 2019
- The Rajya Sabha passed the Central Sanskrit University Bill 2019 that will provide Central University status to three universities in India and passed the Central Sanskrit University Bill 2019 by voice vote.
- Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank said in the Parliament that it will help all those people who are doing research work in Sanskrit.
- These three universities are – Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth Tirupati, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth and the bill will enable to upgrade them.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formerly Ministry of Education, is responsible for the development of human resources in India.
Headquarters: New Delhi
2. US Federal Reserve cuts interest rates to 0%
- The US Federal Reserve cut interest rates to zero and this surprising move comes at a time when the whole world is fighting to prevent further damage from the rapidly-spreading coronavirus.
- The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) decided to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to ¼%.
- This is the second time in as many weeks the US Fed has cut interest rates as the deadly virus threatens to cause massive disruption to the world economy.
- The first and last time interest rate were zero in the US was in December 2008 at the peak of the global financial crisis.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Federal Reserve System is the central banking system of the United States of America.
Chairperson: Jerome Powell; Headquarter: Washington, D.C., United States
3. Bangladesh celebrates birth Centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- Bangladesh is celebrating the birth centenary of its founder President Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. The day marks the beginning of the year long celebration of the birth centenary named ‘Mujib Barsho’ in Bangladesh and across the world.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina marked the day by paying floral tributes to Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s video address was also telecasted on the occasion. He said that Bangabandhu was one of the greatest personalities of the last century.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was born on 17th March 1920 in the town of Tungipara in Gopalganj district of the then undivided India. He led the movement against the oppressive Pakistani rulers in the then East Pakistan leading to its liberation in 1971.
Known as Bangabandhu, he became the first President of the independent nation of Bangladesh.
4. Poshan Pakhwara to be held in Goa from March 8 to 22
- Goa is organizing Poshan Pakhwara or Nutritional Fortnight from 8th to 22nd March to create awareness about nutrition among masses. Activities are being organised with special emphasis on the health of women and children and battling against malnutrition.
- There are 1262 Anganwadi centres in Goa under the aegis of Department of Women and child development. The activities on nutrition guidance to children, pregnant women are in progress in these Anganwadi centres.
- Preschool education is also imparted to children in Anganwadi centres. Most importantly, in this fortnight, stress is laid on guidance by nutrition experts and Pediatricians.
GKToday For SSC CHSL Exams
Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant; Governor: Satya Pal Malik; Capital: Panaji
5. Innovate for Accessible India campaign launched to empower People with Disabilities
- Microsoft India and NASSCOM Foundation launched the ‘Innovate for Accessible India’ campaign on March 17, 2020. The initiative has been launched in partnership with Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Ministry of Science and Technology and ERNET, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) and other departments.
- The major objective of ‘Innovate for Accessible India’ campaign is to empower divyaang people with the tools and technology. This campaign wants to equip divyaang people with a technology that can help them to make their life easier.
- Innovate for Accessible India campaign will use Microsoft could, AI and other latest technologies that can sort out the issues faced by divyaang people. Microsoft and NASSCOM are working together in this initiative to provide better employment opportunities, education, rehabilitation and other government services.
The data of the Indian Census 2011 shows that the total population of disabled people in the country is 26810557 i.e. about 2% of the total population.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years at.
Learn General Knowledge for 13th March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 12th March 2020.
Get online classes for IBSP , SBI PO and CLER , SSC CGL , SSC CHSL and other competitive exams at Takshila Learning.