Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
Daily GK Updates – 3rd March 2020
1. DRDO unveils new explosive detection device
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and IISC Bangalore recently unveiled a new explosive detection device – RaIDer-X.
- It can detect explosives from a specific range and inform the operator. It can also detect bulk explosives located in a hidden place.
- It can also expand its capability to detect various explosives at a time in a pure form as well as with contaminated objects.
- It is a portable device that can be taken to any place along with the military contingent and will help Indian Security Agencies to save people from anti-social elements.
GKToday For SSC Exams
DRDO – Formed: 1958; Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy.
2. First Khelo India University Games concluded
- The Khele India University Games started from 21st Feb, 2020 was concluded in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The University of Punjab, Chandigarh won the Champions Trophy winning 46 medals, including 17 gold, 19 silver and 10 bronze.
- SavitribaiPhule Pune University declared second place and Punjabi University, Patiala declared second runner-up.
- A total of 113 universities took part in the games.
- India’s fastest woman Dutee Chand,who is representing Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, won her second gold of the Khelo India University Games after she bagged the top honours in the 200m final here.
3. PAN cardholders may be fined 10k for not linking PAN with Aadhaar
- PAN card holders may have to pay a hefty fine amounting to Rs 10,000 and their PAN cards will become inoperative if they fail to link their PAN cards with Aadhaar by March 31, 2020.
- The inoperative PAN cards will become valid and operative again as soon as the individual links it with his/ her Aadhaar card.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) in a notification on February 13, 2020 stated that all Permanent Account Numbers (PAN) not linked with the Aadhaar by March 31 which will be the final deadline.
- You can link your PAN card with Aadhaar number by visiting the e-filing website of the income tax department or by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the prescribed format.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
CBDT – Formation: 1944; Chairperson: Pramod Chandra Mody.
4. First COVID-19 virus case confirmed in national capital
- First positive case of Coronavirus or COVID-19 was reported in New Delhi confirmed by the Ministry of Health.
- Overall, two cases of the deadly coronavirus have been reported in India- one in the national capital and the second in Telangana.
- People of all ages can get infected by the deadly COVID-19 virus. However, older people or people with pre-existing medical illness such as diabetes, asthma or heat disease are known to be more vulnerable to catching the virus.
- The most common symptoms of novel coronavirus or COVID-19 include:Fever, Dry cough, Sore throat, Tiredness, aches and pain, Cold, runny nose, nasal congestion, Diarrhea and Respiratory issues.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
To protect yourself from COVID-19
- Wash hands frequently.
- Do not touch eyes, mouth or nose.
- Maintain 3 feet distance from others.
- Cover your mouth and nose/ wear a mask.
- Seek medical care for fever, cough.
Coronavirus India helpline number: +91-11-23978046.
5. World Wildlife Day
- The World Wildlife Day was observed on March 3 to celebrate the varied forms of wild fauna and flora on the planet and to raise awareness regarding the multiple benefits that their conservation provides to people.
- The day also aims to encourage people to step up their fight against poaching and other wildlife crimes, which results in many species getting extinct leading to wide-ranging economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Theme of the Day: Sustaining all Life on Earth includes all plant species and wild animals as component of biodiversity that aimed at ensuring sustainable use of resources and conservation of land and groundwater to stop biodiversity loss.
- The 2020 year was earlier announced as “BioDiversity Super Year”.
- The resolution to mark world wild life day was passed at the 69th session of United Nations General Assembly that was held on 20th December, 2013.
- The day-March 3 was chosen, as it is the day when the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was adopted in 1973.
6. Former India hockey player Balbir Singh Kullar passes away
- Former Indian hockey player and Olympic Bronze medalist, Balbir Singh Kullar, passed away at 77 after suffering a cardiac arrest at his residence in Punjab.
- He retired from Police service as the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) in February 2001.
- Balbir Singh Kullar was awarded the fourth highest civilian honour, Padma Shri in 2009.
- He was honoured with the Arjuna Award in 1999 to recognize his outstanding achievement in hockey.
- He was a part of the Indian team that won the Olympic Bronze in 1968 in Mexico.
- He made his international debut in the Indian national Hockey team in 1963 in Lyon, France.
- He was a part of the Indian team that won the Olympic Bronze medal in 1968 in Mexico and the Asian Games gold in 1966 at Bangkok.
Learn complete GKToday Here for last 2 years.
Learn General Knowledge for 2nd March 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 1st March 2020.