Get Updated Test Series on Takshila Learning
Gk Updates & Current Affairs: 28th December 2018
Here is the Gk Updates & Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!!
1. Important Cabinet Approvals: 28th December 2018
i. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows:
ii. The Cabinet has approved-
1. Submission of India’s Second Biennial Update Report (BUR) to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
2. Setting up of the National Commission for Homoeopathy (NCH) Bill, 2018.
2. India Announces INR 4,500 Crore Assistance To Bhutan
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs. 4,500 crore financial assistance to Bhutan for its 12th five-year plan after holding wide-ranging talks with his Bhutanese counterpart Lotay Tshering.
ii. The new five-year plan of Bhutan began in 2018 and will continue till 2022.
3. National Children’s Science Congress Begins In Bhubaneswar
i. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated 26th edition of National Children’s Science Congress in Bhubaneswar in which as many as 800 students from ten Asian and seven Gulf countries are participating.
ii. This year’s theme is ‘Science, Technology and Innovations: For clean, green and healthy nation’.
Gk Updates Important For SBI PO online classes
- Ganeshi Lal is the present Governor of Odisha.
4. Ministry Signs MoU To Develop A Mobile Audio Guide App For 5 Iconic Sites
i. K J Alphons, Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism, handed over a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme to Resbird Technologies for development of a mobile Audio Guide App for five iconic sites.
ii. The five iconic sites for which the mobile Audio Guide App is to be developed are Amer Fort (Rajasthan), Kaziranga (Assam), Colva Beach (Goa), Kumarakom (Kerala) and Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).
Gk Updates Important For SBI Clerk online classes
- The “Adopt a Heritage: Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan” scheme is a collaborative effort between the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), and State/UTs Governments.
5. 12th Annual ISDSI Conference Held in Mumbai
i. SPJIMR hosted the 12th Annual Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI) Conference at SPJIMR, Mumbai. The theme of this international conference is “Data-Driven Decision Making in the Digital Age”.
ii. The main objective of this conference is to provide a platform for academicians, researchers and practitioners to disseminate research, providing insights into the challenges, opportunities, emerging strategies and analytical tools in the domain of decision making.
6. 41st Meeting of Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee Held in New Delhi
i. The 41st meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee was held in New Delhi. In the meeting, the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of another 3,10,597 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
ii. A total of 864 projects with a project cost of Rs 14,662 crore with central assistance of Rs 4,658 crore has been approved in the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. Uttar Pradesh has been sanctioned 1,08,135 houses while the sanction for Karnataka is 1,05,502 affordable houses.
7. Maharashtra Launches Vajpayee International Schools For Rural Students
i. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has launched the ‘Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee International Schools’ for students in rural areas.
ii. Initially, 13 Zilla Parishad (ZP) schools would be part of the international board and it would be expanded in the coming years.
8. Turkmenistan Launches First Messaging App
i. Turkmenistan has launched its first messaging app BizBarde. The privately developed BizBarde app will allow the exchange of messages, files, photos and videos, the state Yaslyk television station announced.
ii. One of the world’s most isolated regimes, the ex-Soviet republic has blocked Western services including Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, and Viber, along with popular Russian networks Odnoklassniki and VKontakte.
Gk Updates Important For online bank exam coaching
- Turkmenistan Capital: Ashgabat, Currency: Manat.
9. Nepal Caps Expenditure Of Its Citizens In India
i. Nepal imposed a monthly limit on the amount of Indian currency its citizen can spend in India. A spokesperson of the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) stated that a Nepali citizen would be unable to spend more than INR 1 lakh per month while paying for goods and services in India.
ii. The decision was taken to address the country’s current account deficit. The policy applicable to prepaid, credit and debit cards of Nepali banks came into effect.
Gk Updates Important For online bank coaching videos
- Nepal Capital: Kathmandu, Currency: Nepalese rupee.
10. Madhya Pradesh’s Divya Patidar Joshi Crowned Mrs. India 2018 Title
i. The Mrs. India My Identity Beauty Pageant 2018 finale was held in Delhi and Divya Patidar Joshi was crowned with the prestigious honor.
ii. Hailing from Madhya Pradesh’s Ratlam, Divya won the crown of Mrs India this year from among 24 promising contestants.
For a FREE DEMO call @ +91-88009-99280/84
Important Tags : Gktoday 2018 & Current affairs in Hindi & English / Today Current affairs / Daily Gk Update / Daily Current affairs / Today Current affairs in Hindi 2018 / Today GK updates / Gktoday 2018 / November 2018