Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday (General Knowledge Today) – GK & Current Affairs
US, Taliban signed peace agreement to end America’s longest war
- The United States signed a peace agreement with the Taliban in Qatar’s capital city, Doha on February 29, 2020, bringing an end to America’s longest war after nearly two years of negotiations.
- US Secretary of State Mike Pence witnessed the signing of the historic peace agreement with the Taliban representatives. Trump stated that the peace deal is being signed as a part of America’s efforts to bring lasting peace in war-torn Afghanistan. US Secretary of Defence Mark Esper issued a joint declaration with the Afghan government after signing of the peace agreement.
- Diplomats from nations including the US, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and other UN member states were present in Doha.
GKToday For SSC Exams
The Afghanistan War began on October 7, 2001 when the US and NATO forces initiated aerial bombings in the nation, to target the Taliban and Al-Qaeda camps. The war was initiated in response to the 9/ 11 attacks against the United States which targeted and struck down the twin towers of the World Trade Centre.
Home Minister Amit Shah to inaugurate new complex NSG in Kolkata
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the new complex of the National Security Guard (NSG) in Kolkata today.
- The new complex of NSG is situated in New Town in Kolkata. It will have an infrastructure for NSG commandos and officers for training, shooting range and residential facilities.
- Mr Shah will also address a public rally in Kolkata in the afternoon. He will also meet State BJP functionaries to chalk out the party’s strategies for ensuing municipal polls in the state.
Samsung Mobile remains India’s most desired brand for the fourth time
- Korean electronics giant Samsung have again remained at the top in TRA Research’s Most Desired Brands list for India. Samsung had also led TRA’s Most Desired list in 2013, 2015 and 2018.
- Its mobile phones grabbed the number one spot for the second time in a row. Other diversified consumer electronics division was placed at the third spot in the Top 20 list; it also bagged the seventh spot in the televisions category.
- Apple’s iPhone jumped one rank over the previous year to secure the second place among this year’s most desired list.
GKToday for SBI CLERK Exams
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul.
Founder: Lee Byung-chul; Founded: 1 March 1938
FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches EASE 3.0 for tech-enabled banking
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the EASE (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) 3.0 reform agenda. EASE 3.0 agenda aims at providing smart, tech-enabled public sector banking for aspiring India.
- This launch of EASE 3.0 would change the customer’s experience at the Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
- The Ministry has the idea of establishing paperless and digitally-enabled banking at places where people visit the most.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Nirmala Sitharaman formerly served as the Defence Minister of India, thereby becoming India’s second female defence minister and also the second female finance minister after Indira Gandhi and first full-time female Finance Minister.
NTPC, CPCB MoU to set up air quality monitoring stations
- NTPC announced signing an agreement with Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to provide financial support for installation and commissioning of Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Stations (CAAQMS).
- NTPC will provide financial support of Rs 80 crore for installation of 25 CAAQMS across six states and three Union Territories.
- Data garnered from these stations will be used as inputs for Air Quality Index evaluation for the respective cities. NTPC is continuously making efforts to curb pollution in various ways.
Learn General Knowledge for 29 feb 2020.
Learn General Knowledge for 28 feb 2020
Learn General Knowledge For 27 Feb 2020