Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday 11th April 2020 : Daily Current Affairs
1. Haryana govt doubles salary of Doctors, Nurses, medical professionals dealing with Coronavirus cases
– The Haryana government has decided to double the salary of Doctors, Nurses and other Medical professionals dealing with Coronavirus patients.
– Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar said that salaries of all those engaged in fight against COVID-19 be it Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff, Class IV staff, Ambulance staff, Testing Lab staff will be doubled. He said this will be applicable till the Coronavirus period ends.
– He had earlier announced that these professionals will get ex-gratia benefits between 50 Lakh rupees and 10 Lakh rupees, if they are not covered under the new insurance cover announced by the Centre.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Haryana Capital: Chandigarh; Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
3. NPS Subscribers can do partial withdrawal for COVID-19 treatment
– The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India (PFRDA) announced that National pension System (NPS) subscribers can partially withdraw the amount for COVID-19 treatment. The withdrawals will cover the illness of the subscriber, children, legally wedded spouse, children which will also include the legally adopted child and dependent parents. The announcement was made on April 10, 2020.
– In an official circular, PFRDA addressed all the subscribers and mentioned that the decision has been made in view of the government’s decision to declare COVID-19 as a pandemic.
– Declaring COVID-19 as a life-threatening disease, the partial withdrawal is allowed to fulfill the financial needs of the subscribers.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
PFRDA Headquarters: New Delhi
Agency executive: Supratim Bandyopadhyay (Chairperson)
3. Hindustan Unilever partners with UNICEF to support India’s fight against COVID-19
– Hindustan Unilever has collaborated with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for a mass communication campaign to inform and empower the general public against the COVID-19 pandemic.
– The campaign brings together the marketing expertise and scale of HUL and the technical knowledge of UNICEF to create engaging communication tools that can help people change behaviours and stay safe during the pandemic.
– HUL had recently committed Rs 100 crore in donations to help India fight the coronavirus crisis. In addition to the campaign, it is rolling out many initiatives to ensure citizens across the country have access to essential products such as soaps, sanitisers and other products.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
Hindustan Unilever Limited CEO: Sanjiv Mehta; Headquarters: Mumbai
4. PM Modi to hold video conference with CMs to decide future course of action in fight against COVID-19
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold a video conference with Chief Ministers of states today to decide the future course of action in the fight against COVID-19.
– Ahead of the meeting, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister took stock of the situation with the Empowered groups at a high level meeting in New Delhi yesterday.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
5. World Homoeopathy Day: 10th April
– The world homeopathy day is celebrated every year on 10th April. This day is celebrated to honour the birth of the father of the Homoeopathic system of medicines Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
– Born in Paris, France, he was a German physician, who was an acclaimed scientist, a great scholar, and linguist. He discovered the way to heal through the use of homeopathy.
– The theme for 2020 is: “Linking research with education and clinical practice: Advancing scientific collaborations”.