Gktoday & Current Affairs 23 August 2018 : Daily GK Updates
Here is the Gktoday & Daily GK Update to get you acquainted with the top events that made the headlines today!!
1. President Kovind Inaugurates International Buddhist Conclave in New Delhi
i. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the International Buddhist Conclave in New Delhi. The theme of the conclave is ‘Buddha Path – The Living Heritage’.
ii. The Ministerial level delegation from ASEAN countries will participate in the conclave along with delegates from 29 countries including US, UK, Germany, France and Russia. This year Japan is the partnering country for the Buddhist conclave.
Gktoday for Important online bank coaching videos
- Ram Nath Kovind is the 14th President of India.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad was the first President of Independent India.
2. PM Inaugurates Various Projects In Junagadh, Gujarat
i. The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi inaugurated various projects in Junagadh district of Gujarat. These included the Government Civil Hospital, a milk processing plant and some buildings of the Junagadh Agriculture University.
ii. There were nine initiatives, worth over Rs 500 crore, which were either being dedicated, or their foundation stones were being laid.
Important for sbi po online coaching free
- Gujarat CM- Vijay Rupani, Governor- Om Prakash Kohli.
3. Iran Unveils 1st Domestic Fighter Jet ‘Kowsar’
i. Iran unveiled its first domestic fighter jet named ‘KOWSAR’ with President Hassan Rouhani.
ii. The new “Kowsar” is a fourth-generation fighter shown at the National Defence Industry exhibition in Tehran. It was “100-percent indigenously made” for the first time.
Important online banking classes
- Iran Capital: Tehran, Currency: Iranian rial, President: Hassan Rouhani.
4. 4th BIMSTEC Summit To Be Held in Kathmandu
i. The fourth Summit of Heads of State/Government of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) will be held at Kathmandu in Nepal on August 30 and 31.
ii. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the summit. During the two-day Summit, leaders of member states will review progress achieved so far in the areas of cooperation and provide guidance to the future work of the BIMSTEC.
Important for Indian Bank online bank coaching videos
- BIMSTEC is a regional economic bloc comprising seven member states lying in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal constituting a contiguous regional unity.
- The group was formed in 1997 and it brings together Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka Myanmar and Thailand.
- Nepal is the current chair of BIMSTEC.
5. Forbes’ List Of World’s Highest-Paid Actors 2018: George Clooney Tops, Akshay Kumar Ranks 7th
i. Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan have made it to the Forbes’ list of World’s Highest-Paid Actors 2018, which was topped by George Clooney. Akshay and Salman made it to spot seven and nine, respectively.
ii. The world’s 10 highest-paid actors tallied a combined $748.5 million between June 1, 2017, and June 1, 2018, before fees and taxes. The list this year was topped by George Clooney.
iii. Top 3 on Forbes’ list of the world’s best-paid male actors 2018:
1. George Clooney: $239m
2. Dwayne Johnson: $124m
3. Robert Downey Jr: $81m.
6. Kempegowda International 2nd Fastest Growing Airport In The World
i. The Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) has emerged as the second fastest growing airport in the world in the first half of 2018 in terms of actual growth in the number of passengers. It has recorded 1,58,50,352 flyers during the six-month period.
ii. Only Tokyo’s Haneda International has bettered KIA’s growth. The report was published by RoutesOnline, a company focussing on the quality and standards of aviation globally. New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is placed sixth.
Gktoday Important for online banking classes
- The Chairman of Airports Authority of India is Guruprasad Mohapatra.
7. RIL 1st Indian Company To Cross Rs 8 Trillion Market Capital
i. The Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) became the first Indian company to cross Rs 8 trillion market capitalization after its shares surged nearly 37% in 2018.
ii. RIL share prices rose 1.31% to hit a record high of Ra1,262.50, pegging its market cap at Rs8.01 trillion after data from the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) showed Reliance Jio continued to add subscribers at a healthy pace.
8. HAL Becomes 1st PSU To Transact On TReDS: RXIL
i. The Receivables Exchange of India (RXIL) announced that Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) has become the first public sector enterprise to make a transaction on the “TReDS platform”.
ii. According to the NSE-SIDBI joint venture, TReDS is an online electronic institutional mechanism for facilitating the financing of trade receivables of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) through multiple financiers.
Important GK for Indian Bank PO Exam 2018-
- RXIL is a TReDS platform operating since January 2017 and is promoted by the National Stock Exchange, Small Industries Development Bank of India, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and Yes Bank.
9. Arun Jaitley Resumes Charge As Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister
i. Union Minister Arun Jaitley is back as the Finance Minister after a three-month interval to recuperate from a kidney transplant surgery.
ii. In Mr Jaitley’s absence, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal was holding the additional charge of the Finance and Corporate Affairs portfolio.
10. David Beckham To Receive 2018 UEFA President’s Award
i. Former England captain David Beckham will receive the UEFA President’s Award for his contribution to football and promoting the sport in “every corner of the planet”.
ii. David Beckham will become the third Englishman to receive the UEFA President’s Award. Sir Bobby Robson (2002) and Sir Bobby Charlton (2008) are the previous English winners.
- The UEFA Champions League is an annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).
11. Veteran Journalist Kuldip Nayar Passes Away
i. Eminent Indian writer and journalist Kuldip Nayar passed away in New Delhi following a brief illness. He was 95. Mr. Nayar was originally born in Sialkot in 1923.
ii. His famous autobiography was “Beyond The Lines”. He was also the High Commissioner of India to the U.K. and nominated member of the Rajya Sabha.
Gktoday & Current Affairs 23 August 2018 : Daily GK Updates In Hindi
- राम नाथ कोविंद भारत के 14 वें राष्ट्रपति हैं.
- डॉ राजेंद्र प्रसाद स्वतंत्र भारत के पहले राष्ट्रपति थे.
- गुजरात के मुख्यमंत्री- विजय रुपानी, गवर्नर- ओम प्रकाश कोहली .
- ईरान की राजधानी: तेहरान, मुद्रा: ईरानी रियाल, राष्ट्रपति: हसन रूहानी
- BIMSTEC एक क्षेत्रीय आर्थिक ब्लॉक है जिसमें बंगाल की खाड़ी के तटस्थ और आसन्न क्षेत्रों में स्थित सात सदस्य देश शामिल हैं जो एक समान क्षेत्रीय एकता का गठन करते हैं.
- इस समूह का गठन 1997 में हुआ था और इसमें बांग्लादेश, भूटान, भारत, नेपाल, श्रीलंका म्यांमार और थाईलैंड शामिल है.
- गुरुप्रसाद महापात्रा भारतीय हवाईअड्डा प्राधिकरण के अध्यक्ष हैं.
- RXIL जनवरी 2017 से संचालित एक TReDS मंच है और इसे राष्ट्रीय स्टॉक एक्सचेंज, भारतीय लघु उद्योग विकास बैंक, स्टेट बैंक ऑफ इंडिया, आईसीआईसीआई बैंक और येस बैंक द्वारा प्रचारित किया जाता है.
- यूईएफए चैंपियंस लीग यूनियन ऑफ़ यूरोपीयन फुटबॉल ASSOएसोसिएशन (UEFA) द्वारा आयोजित वार्षिक महाद्वीपीय क्लब फुटबॉल प्रतियोगिता है.
Visit daily http://currentaffairs.takshilalearning.com for Gktoday & Today Current Affairs.
For a FREE DEMO call @ +91-88009-99280/84
Important Tags : Gktoday 22 Aug 2018 & Current affairs in Hindi & English / Today Current affairs / Daily Gk Update / Daily Current affairs / Today Current affairs in Hindi 2018 / Today GK updates / Gktoday 2018 / Gktoday 23 Aug 2018