Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday : Daily Current Affairs 06th April 2020
1. Civil Servants launch ‘CARUNA’ initiative to fight COVID-19 pandemic
– Civil Servants across services including IAS, IPS and IRS have launched a unique CARUNA Initiative to support government in the right against COVID-19 pandemic. CARUNA stands for ‘Civil Services Association Reach to Support National Disasters’.
– CARUNA is a unique collaborative platform that brings together civil servants, industry leaders, NGO professionals, and IT professionals, among others in the fight against coronavirus pandemic.
– The initiative intends to use their network that extends to district levels, to supplement efforts of Government’s 11 empowered groups tackling COVID-19.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the name given to the 2019 novel coronavirus. COVID-19 is the name given to the disease associated with the virus. SARS-CoV-2 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans.
2. FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup scheduled in November postponed
– The FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup, which was scheduled to be played in India between November 2nd and 21st, has been postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
– The new dates for the tournament will be identified later. The working group also postponed FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup which was scheduled between August and September in Panama and Costa Rica.
– The Under-17 Women’s World Cup was scheduled to be played in India across five host cities – Navi Mumbai, Guwahati, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Bhubaneswar.
Daily Current Affairs for SBI CLERK Exams
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the highest governing body of football.
President: Gianni Infantino; Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
3. National Maritime Day: 05th April
– India celebrates National Maritime Day on 5th April every year. It was on this day 99 years ago in 1919 when the country’s navigation history set sail with SS Loyalty, the first ship of the Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd started for the United Kingdom from Mumbai.
– It marked a red letter day in the maritime history of India, a country known for its seafaring abilities since ancient days. The day has been observed since 1964.
– This year’s theme is: “Sustainable shipping for a sustainable planet”
4. ADB expects India’s GDP to slip to 4% in 2020-21
– The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has projected India’ growth to slow down to 4% in the current fiscal year, citing weak global demand and the government’s COVID-19 containment efforts.
– The outlook for India remains subdued, with growth slowing from 5.0% last fiscal year to 4.0% this year, it said in the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 released. The ADO is its annual flagship economic publication.
– The bank expects the country’s gross domestic product growth to strengthen to 6.2% in FY22, boosted by government reforms. The forecast assumes that the Covid-19 pandemic dissipates and full economic activity resumes from the second quarter of this year.
GKToday for SBI PO Exams
The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in Manila, Philippines.
President: Masatsugu Asakawa
5. ICMR approves antibody tests in COVID-19 hotspot areas
– To ensure speedy detection of coronavirus cases, those residing in Covid-19 hotspots or areas which have reported large numbers of cases may have to undergo a rapid antibody blood test for the viral infection.
– The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in its interim advisory has recommended the use of the rapid antibody test in the country’s coronavirus hotspots. The Health Ministry has identified 20 existing and 22 potential COVID-19 hotspots across the country.
– The results of the antibody tests, similar to other blood tests, are available in 15-30 minutes.
GKToday For SSC CGL Exams:
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research and is one of the oldest and largest medical research bodies in the world.
Headquarters: New Delhi; Secretary & Director General: Dr. Balram Bhargava
6. Mahavir Jayanti being celebrated across the country today
Mahavir Jayanti, the birth anniversary of 24th and last Jain Tirthankar Bhagwan Mahavir is being celebrated across the country today.
Mahavir Jayanti is considered to be one of the most auspicious events for Jain community and holds a lot of importance in their religious life.
President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu have greeted people on the occasion.