Get Coaching Classes for Banking & SSC Exams.
GKToday Updates : 12 October 2020 Daily Current Affairs
Prime Minister Modi launches property cards in 6 states under ‘SVAMITVA’ Scheme
- PM Narendra Modi virtually launched the physical distribution of property cards under the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme on October 11, 2020.
- The launch of the property cards ‘SVAMITVA’ Scheme will enable around 1 lakh property holders to download their property cards through the SMS link which will be delivered on their registered mobile phones.
- The move by the central government will pave the way for using the property as a financial asset by the villagers in order to take loans or for other financial benefits.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The beneficiaries of the ‘SVAMITVA’ scheme are from 763 villages across 6 states which include 221 from Haryana, 346 from Uttar Pradesh, 44 from Madhya Pradesh, 100 from Maharashtra, 2 from Karnataka, and 50 from Uttarakhand.
Rajnath Singh to dedicate 44 Bridges built by BRO across 7 States, UTs to the nation
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will dedicate 44 Bridges made by Border Roads Organisation across seven States and Union Territories to the nation through video conferencing today.
- These bridges are built in border areas of Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Most of the bridges are in strategically important areas and they will help the armed forces in ensuring quick movement of troops and weapons.
- The foundation Stone for Nechiphu Tunnel on the road to Tawang will also be laid during this event.
Static GK for Online coaching for ssc
The Border Roads Organisation develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighbouring countries.
Director General: Lt. Gen. Harpal Singh; Headquarters: New Delhi
RBI Monetary Policy Committee keeps key interest rates unchanged
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Governor Shaktikanta Das announced RBI bi-monthly Monetary Policy review recently.
- The MPC evaluated domestic and global macroeconomic and financial conditions and voted unanimously to leave the policy repo rate unchanged at 4 percent.
- The Reverse Repo rate remains unchanged at 3.35 percent and the Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate have been kept unchanged at 4.25%.
- The Government had earlier this week appointed three eminent economists- Ashima Goyal, Jayanth R Varma and Shashanka Bhide as members of the MPC.
43rd GST Council meeting through video conferencing will be held today
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will chair the 43rd GST Council meeting through video conferencing in New Delhi today.
- The decision on the mode of payment of pending GST compensation share of the states is likely to be discussed in the meeting.
- The meeting will be attended by Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur and Finance Ministers of States and Union Territories.
- In the last meeting, Mrs Sitharaman had assured that States’ Goods and Services Tax revenue shortfall this year either due to GST implementation or due to Covid will be met completely.
GKToday Updates For Online bank coaching:
The goods and services tax (GST) is a value-added tax levied on most goods and services sold for domestic consumption. The GST is paid by consumers, but it is remitted to the government by the businesses selling the goods and services.
India, China to hold seventh round of military level talks for de-escalation of tension along LAC
- India and China will hold seventh round of military level talks today in another attempt to de-escalate tension along the Line of Actual Control. The talks will take place in Chushul on the Indian side of the LAC.
- Lt Gen Harinder Singh and his successor in 14 Core Lt Gen PGK Menon are leading the Indian delegation.
- The talks will mainly focus on disengagement of forces from several friction points especially finger areas of Pangong Tso to ease the unprecedented tensions on the border between the two countries.
Rafael Nadal defeats Novak Djokovic to win his 13th French Open title
- Rafael Nadal beats Novak Djokovic 6-0, 6-2, 7-5 to win his 13th French Open title.
- Apart from it, he has won four US Open titles, two Wimbledon titles and one Australian Open title.
- In Women’s Singles, Polish tennis player Iga Swiatek has become the new French Open Champion.
GKToday Updates For Online banking classes:
With this win, he has equalled Roger Federer’s all-time record of 20 Grand Slam titles.